Home Image-Pro General Discussions

SMART SEGMENTATION and IMAGE-PRO PREMIER SEQUENCES . . .

All --

I was working with a set of images configured as a SEQUENCE of TWO FRAMES.  After establishing a SMART SEGMENTATION RECIPE that COUNTED well on FRAME 1 of the SEQUENCE, I switched to FRAME 2 of the SEQUENCE and asked PREMIER to COUNT.

Unfortunately the resulting data looks like COUNT is working on FRAME 1 even though FRAME 2 is selected.

I've attached some examples that illustrate this.  Unfortunately the FORUM will not allow me to upload the appropriate ISG file to LOAD into SMART SEGMENTATION so I've uploaded the file as a TXT file and you can rename it to ISG and then LOAD it and see this behavior.

This seems to happen independent of the setting of APPLY TO SEQUENCE / FRAME.

Is there a WORKAROUND for this other than extracting out a FRAME N into its own image window?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answer

• edited April 2014 Answer ✓
    Hi Matt,

Yes, that's correct. Recipe is attached per frame, so you can use absolutely different recipes for every frame. If frame doesn't have a recipe, the last recipe from the given image is used. So the proper way to count on sequence is:
    1. Select first frame and create segmentation recipe on it (draw reference objects or load recipe from a file, or apply global). Count. Note, that if you have reference objects drawn on the image, you have to remove them first, before switching to next frame, Otherwise they will be used for learning on next frame, you can use Set Global, delete ref objects, Apply global for that.

2. Activate next frame (recipe from the first frame will be copied there). Count. 
    3. Repeat step to for all frames. You can also use "Count All Frame" function (in Count button dropdown) to do it automatically.

Yuri

Answers

• Matt,

That should work.
    I tried your recipe, but it didn't work, maybe something wrong with the recipe.I've attached my recipe (rename it to Yellow.isg). If I load your file, RGB_A+B.tif, then load recipe and click the Count on 1st frame  - yellow area is counted, then switch to 2nd frame and click Count - yellow area on second frame is counted. Please check and let me know if it works for you.

Yuri
  • Yuri --

Thank you for your response.

I downloaded

YELLOW.TXT

and it does work on

FRAME 1
        and
        FRAME 2

of

RGB_A+B.tif

After "playing" with this, I've ended up with SMART SEGMENTATION showing one RECIPE (yours) on FRAME 1 and a different RECIPE (a new one of mine) on FRAME 2.

This can be seen in the attached JPG files.

This seems to indicate that IPP91 treats the FRAMES in a sequence as completely different images and that the GLOBAL RECIPE FUNCTION needs to be used to get the same RECIPE used on all FRAMES of a SEQUENCE.

Oops . . .

I tried this and it does not seem to apply the same RECIPE to both FRAMES.  The ISG file (as TXT) that IPP9.1 is attached.

If you want to WEBEX to see this happen on my computer, please let me know.

-- Matt

• Yuri --

Thank you for the guidance on this.

It looks like the critical elements of this are

** SET GLOBAL (after RECIPE is CREATED)
    ** DELETE ALL REFERENCE OBJECTS
    ** CHANGE FRAME
    ** APPLY GLOBAL
    ** COUNT

Thanks again.

-- Matt
  • Can a recipe be manually edited to adjust weighting or remove one item? If so, how?
  • Hi Slate,

Manual recipe editing is not implemented in the current version.
    You can easily remove any of the channels from the recipe by un-checking the recipe channel. You can also set the same weight for all channels switching off  "Auto-weight" (in the recipe options group), when Auto-weight" is on, the weight is calculated based on the differences of reference objects values inside the class and outside the class (if differences are below deviations, the weight is 0).

Yuri