Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Merge Images

Hello

I'm writing a macro working with a 3D time series where I threshold each time point, make a count and then convert the count from each z position to a mask. I want to then recombine each of the masks into a sequence so that I can make a 3D image. I cannot figure out how to recombine the masks either manually or via a macro. Eventually I'll combine all the 3D masks together from each timepoint to form a 3D mask timelapse. However at present I'm struggling to even combine the masks from individual timepoints. Any help appreciated.

Regards

David

Answers

• Options

Hello

Figured it out (manually at least) Select images in the Image Strip and then Merge Frames from the  Process Tab

• Options
    Hello David,

There is "Mask All frames" function  (in the Mask button drop-down on Count/Size tab), which will create you a mask of the sequence, so you don't need to merge files.

Combining sequences to a new image set (with Time direction) can be done using "Set builder" (Open Set from Files) (available in 9.1.2). It works only with files.

There is also possibility to do all these steps using low-level IQL functions.

Yuri
  • Options

Hello Yuri

Thanks for the advice, I suppose the best way of getting my 3D mask timelapse is to create all the masks for Z at each timepoint, save the sequences and then use Set builder to put them all back together again.

As for IQL commands they are still unusable because in the help files they are still just a very very long list of commands with no explanantion/description of what they are or what they do, do you know if this been sorted out in any of the release versions yet.

Regards

Dave