Home Image-Pro General Discussions

New user access to spatial calibrations

I have set up spatial calibrations that are linked with each lens.  However, when a user other than myself logs on they can not access them.  I have solved a similar problem with saved camera control settings by placing them on a common drive that everyone can access and then uploading those settings for the new user.  How do I do this with spatial calibrations?

Software=Image Pro-Premiere 9.2

Camera= Q Imaging Micro Publisher 5.0 RTV

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi there.

Probably the best way to do this is to configure lenses and calibrations together with the Configure tool in the Capture ribbon. In there, you can select which lenses are available for your system (remove the generic ones and either add your own or pick them from the list of available lenses). Then you can estimate the calibrations from the camera properties (the MicroPublisher has pixels of 3.45um). Make sure you enter the c-mount adapter magnification correctly. When you're done, the calibrations are usually good to within a couple of %points, but if necessary you can manually adjust these.
    The advantage of using this method is that the lenses and calibrations will be linked to each other and you can then export and import them when needed. To do this, click on the drop-down to the calibration Options and select "Export lenses and calibrations", then save the LCF file to a shared folder (Shared documents is a good location). Then, when your colleagues log on to the computer the first time, they can go to this same drop-down and instead select "Import lenses and calibrations" and select the file you created.

These settings should remain for the next time the user logs on to the system, but if not they can simply reload this file and they should be good to go.
  • Question - is there a way to import calibrations from Image-Pro Plus?  Import calibrations/lenses from the Calibration/Options menu only lists .lcf files, whereas Plus had .cal files.  I'm trying to avoid having to enter in a long list manually.
  • Yes, it's supported, check this topic: http://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/671/calibration-question

Yuri
  • SteveP --

I do not know if it is the most efficient way to perform the task but . . .

You may be able to STREAMLINE the generation of LENSES and CALIBRATIONS by saving CALIBRATED TIF IMAGES in IMAGE-PRO PLUS and then opening them in IMAGE-PRO PREMIER and then making the IMAGE LENSES and CALIBRATIONS into REFERENCE LENSES and CALIBRATIONS.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt