Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Image in Leica and in IPP differs

Hi!
No matter how I try to adjust the colors in IPP, there are still big differences in color reproduction from Leica to IPP. In addition to that, I get the same Error-message as previous user have mentioned regarding camera not being totally supported by your software. In IPP there are also flicker and differences in brightness while watching Live-image, and when moving biopsies in the microscope there is a sluggish/inert response in IPP. 

Microscope: Leica Leitz DMRD/DMRBE
Camera: Leica DFC280

Could you please help me diagnose the problem?
Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Elias,

There are different ways to reset options, you can use the Reset button in the main options dialog.

All personal options are in the folder C:\Users\<LOGIN>\AppData\Roaming\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit\9.1.XXX.X

You can rename this folder, so it will be restored from defaults.

Regards,

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Dear Elias,

Flickering in the live preview is usually an indication that your exposure time is shorter that the power cycle for your light source. Most microscope bulbs for brightfield microscope run off a 50Hz AC converter, which causes the light intensity to vary quicker than the eye can see. However, if your exposure time is lower than 20ms you are likely to see the peaks and troughs in intensity. Reducing the light level on your scope and increasing the exposure time above 20ms should remove the flicker, if it does not then there may still be a problem with your camera which Tech Support can investigate. Alternatively, you can replace the light source with something with a constant output, like an LED.
  • Options
    Also, the DFC280 is not listed in the supported camera. MediaCy only list as supported cameras those that the engineers and QA team have been able to test and confirm to be working optimally. 

What colour adjustments have you tried? Can you upload some images taken with the Leica software and Image-Pro so we can see what kind of difference you're seeing? Usually, the two adjustments that makes the biggest difference in terms of colour reproduction are the white balance and the gamma. For brightfield work, a gamma of 1.5-2 usually gives a contrast that is much closer to what the human eye perceives. By default we use a gamma of 1 as this provides a more accurate measurement of intensity.
  • Options
    It seems as if my settings are wrong and I'd like to reset the settings or maybe restore IPP. Is there a proper way to do that? My colleague doesn't have the same issue as me when working on the same computer/microscope/camera. 

Thanks!