Home Image-Pro General Discussions

3D VIEW

How can I capture an image using the 3D view? I have pressed the Image icon in the output tab but it does not save the image.

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    You could use "Quick Save for Publication".

Pierre
  • Answer ✓
    You can paste the macro to your default macro project (Project1, Macros.vb).
    You will also have to add a reference to Mediacy.Controls.Common.Vb.dll (use the References button in Project workbench).

Yuri

Answers

• Hi Pierre,
    The program is not allowing me to use the quick save option, why is that
  • It looks like a problem in 3D view with image sets. It will be fixed in the next version.
    Please use the following macro to capture the 3D view:

Public Sub Snap3DView
            If ThisApplication.ActiveWindowEx Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
            Dim bmp As System.Drawing.Bitmap=ThisApplication.ActiveWindowEx.DocumentView.GetImage(Nothing)
            Dim im As McImage=MediaCy.Controls.Common.Vb.Common.BitmapToMcImage(bmp)
            im.Visible=True
        End Sub

Note, that you have to add a reference to MediaCy.Controls.Common.Vb.dll to your macro project.

The macro will create a snapshot of 3D view, which you can then save using the File | Save As menu item.

Yuri

• Hi Yuri G,
    I had a go at copying the macro and trying it out, but I am not sure where and how to save it. We tried recording a macro and then pasting your script in, unfortunately the program came up with and error on line 2 characters 8 and 11. Could you please give me more instructions.

• Hi Yuri,
    I think it might be the Leica lif format. I changed the stacks to a movie format and I was able to capture the 3D view without using the macro
  • The problem with image creation affects only image sets. LIF files are opened as image sets, movie files are opened as images (image sequences), so they are not affected by the problem.

Yuri