Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Title bar does not change name after image saved

According to the User's Guide,:

"Use the Save As  command to store the contents of the current window, the current ROI, or the active part of a sequence, to a file that you specify, in the format that you specify.  At the end of a Save As operation, your image window will be associated with the new file and the new format (i.e., its title bar will display the new file name)."

When I save an image using the above procedure, the title bar does NOT update.  Any annotations and ROIs that I save to Feature Manager are associated with the original filename rather than the new one.  This is a problem for me because I need to document my work using audit trails, which if examined, traces back to now non-existent files.

I  upgraded to version 9.1.5638.4 recently when this problem occurred.  The previous version worked fine, and another computer running this version also works fine.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

OK, thanks to excellent Support, the issue was solved.  As it turns out, the Batch Processing mode was set to ON under Options, Task Scheduling.  Turning the feature OFF restored the title bar update.  Thanks to all who took the time to ponder my question!

John

Answers

• Hi John,

There should be a version 9.1.4 available to you through the automatic update. I have this installed on my system and the behaviour for me is as expected and described in the user manual.
  • Hi David

Thanks for the reply.  I am actually running 9.1.4 (Build 5638).  I had grabbed the exact version/build from the audit trail log which listed it as I stated above.  I think that I will take it up with the Support Center folks.  When I have a resolution, I will post it in case anybody else runs into this problem.  Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

John

• Hi John,

Could you specify the type of file you are saving? Some file formats lose information because of how they compress the data, and in these cases the image window is not associated with the new file. 

Pierre
  • I just spoke with John, and the fix was to turn off Task Scheduling.  Seems the tab updates were being queued for when the system was not being used.  Since John was always using the system, this event didn't come to pass.  Turning off the Task Scheduler allowed the updates to happen in real time.