Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Only measurements saved, not picture

Hi!

Every now and then when i save a picture with an ROI and cell countings, only the ROI and cell outlines/cellpoints are saved, not the picture in which the measurements are made. So the background is black and only the drawn in measurements are showing. So far I have not been able to restore such a picture and have had to redo it. I usually use the option "save as" so that I still have the original picture without measurements saved. Any idea to what is happening and what I could do about it? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Joseph,

Does it mean that this image is opened in Premier as BLACK with overlays and in another program as NORMAL, but without overlays? In that case it looks like an opening issue (not saving), could you please send us this image and we will try to figure out the problem. You can either put a link to the image on the forum or send it to yuri@mediacy.com using any of large file transfer services (e.g. wetransfer.com).

Thanks,

Yuri 

Answers

• Options
    Hi Joseph,

It's hard to tell what happens without a test case. Can you reproduce it? If you can, please send us the test image with the steps to reproduce the problem. (I assume that you save to TIFF format).

Thanks,

Yuri
  • Options
    I wil try!
  • Options
    Hi josephinekalm,

This is unknown issue, could you please attach this image to the post. This will help us to identify the issue.

Thanks,
    Nikita.
  • Options
    Hi! 

I cannot seem to reproduce it at this moment with a new image. Strangely enough, one of the images that was opened like this yesterday, is opening normally today. One of the first images that this happened to is still just black with measurements. Yesterday I also had an image that was half black and half normal. 
    When opening the picture on another computer without IPP, the image looks perfectly normal (obviously without measurements). I should also state that these are images made by tiling (about 150 MB).

I have attached a screenshot of a black picture. 

Might the problem be that the images are so big, the program/computer cannot cope?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes, that is exactly what is happening! 

I will send you the image as soon as i figure out how to use the transfer service!

Thanks!

Josephine
  • Options
    I have now sent some images. It is all the same image to start with, but I've used different ways of counting the cells within the ROI. The same issue has been happening in other images aswell though.

Thanks for helping!

Josephine