Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Getting rid of of annotation/label triangle

Hi,

I just updated to Image Pro Premier 9.1.4. We have a really standardized image that we report, but with the update, all of our measurement and line profile labels and annotation labels have a triangle next to them. I looked through the settings to see if this could be turned off, but I couldn't find anything.

If anyone knows how to turn this feature off, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    You have no doubt recognized that the little triangular marker is a pointer which indicates the parent feature and spot on that feature where the label is attached.  In even moderately crowded situations it can be very confusing as to which label is attached to which measurement or annotation parent object; it was to address this problem that the markers were added.

The markers were deemed sufficiently helpful that no high-level option or user interface to hide them was provided for Premier 9.14 or the soon-to-be-released 9.2.  Note that in 9.2 the markers are slightly smaller than in 9.14.  And 9.2 has support for Annotation text objects with a callout line that you might find useful as a replacement for Annotation labels.

There is a low-level way to turn the label markers off.  It could be done via a macro for Annotations and persisted to new images and also from session to session.  For measurements or line profiles, a macro would need to be run each time an image was opened and measurements placed, which is probably impractical.  If you are desperate to turn off Annotation label markers, I'll work up a macro to do that for you.

I will enter a feature-request for the next version and if it is evaluated as sufficiently desirable, an option can be added to turn the markers off in selected places.  I'm thinking that the only place that they seem superfluous is in the line profile (and maybe Annotations).  For measurements, I've found them always useful, though if an option is added, measurements would be evaluated too.

Answers

• I tried uploading an image of a labeled line profile, but I couldn't import it from a local file.
  • Thank you Craig!

We have a long standing report image for thermal marks that is in black and white. The annotations and measurements are really straightforward, but the added marker changed the report enough that our users asked to have them edited out. We have a similar macro that changes the width of the line profile tick lines that we run before burning in the annotations and measurements to make them more visible. So, another macro wouldn't likely add too much additional workflow. 

Thank you for your help with this and the rapid response. Everyone's help has been much appreciated. 

Thanks again,
    Kevin
  • I've created a macro that removes the label marker for all labels on any Annotation, ROI, working, measurement and line profile overlays on the ActiveImage.  It is a one-time operation; that is, if you create new labels, they will have markers and you would need to run the macro again to remove the markers.

I've included it here as a zipped up project.  Let me know if you have any trouble using it.  I tested it in both Premier 9.14 and the soon-to-be-released Premier 9.2.
  • Thanks Craig! The Macro works great!