Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Error when saving image with ROI

Hi, me again ;) 

We've just updated to IPP 9.2 and some of the issues we had are now fixed, awesome! Thanks!

I do still have one issue though, when I've drawn my ROI, saved it and then try to reopen the image, I get this error-message:

Any idea to why this is happening? When this happens, the image is lost and I have to redo the whole tiling process if I havn't used the save as option and still have the original image... It doesn't seem to make a difference where I save the image or if I use save or save as. but it doesn't happen in all images...

Thanks!

/Josephine

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

Thank you for the files. I can reproduce the error opening s012 file and we will investigate the problem and let you know the results.

If I draw a polygon ROI on s012 image and save it, I can reopen it properly without errors with ROI. Can you describe the workflow working with the image before you save it? Maybe the problem is in some of the processing steps.

Images s016 and s052c look corrupted and cannot be opened by any viewer. Could you open them by any other program?

Thanks,

Yuri
  • Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

If I understood you correctly, you have 2 copies of the images: one without ROI and one with ROI: ("After all the setup is done I open one image at a time, draw the polygon ROI and use File --> save as and save the images with the ROI in a new folder "). So, do you have copies of s012,  s016 and s052c images without ROIs? If yes, can you open them correctly? If yes, what ROI do you draw on the image before you save it to another location? Can you send that ROI separatelly (saved from Features manager)? (maybe there is something wrong with the ROI).

Thanks,

Yuri

• Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

Sorry for delay, but we have some progress in this case – we found a way to reproduce this issue from the origin and working on the solution.

Thanks,
    Nikita.

Answers

• Hi Josephine,

Can you please send me your image to me directly, so I can check it?

Thanks,

Yuri 
  • Hi,

I'm sending some images through wetransfer now!

Thanks!

Josephine
  • Hi, Thanks!

I usually do everything in batches. So first step for this project has been to do live tiling of the slides, simply clicking start, doing the live tiling with a new image for every 25% movement. Before I stop the process I pick the background colour. Then I save the images by simply Using Files --> save as and I then save the files on our local server. Sometimes I get promted and asked if I want to save the changes in the image before closing. If that occurs I usually abort the closing and make sure my image is saved before I retry to close it. If promted with the question again I usually press no. Could this be the problem? If I click yes, I get the "save as" window and am asked where I want to save the image, usually this is the same location where the image is supposedly already saved. I have no record of with which slides this has happened, so I cannot tell if this has happened with all the damaged images...

The next step I have done is to do my recipes for smart segmentation, classification and setting up the proper parameters for the cell analysis app. Here everything has worked smoothly and I have used three of my live tiled images, drawn polygon ROIs and been able to analyze them appropriately with the app.

After all the setup is done I open one image at a time, draw the polygon ROI and use File --> save as and save the images with the ROI in a new folder (I have done this because of the problem with "loosing" images and having to redo the tiling, this way I at least have the original image saved without ROI). I have tried both saving the images with ROI on our server and locally on the computer with no difference to if they can be opened or not. Since the images are so large I tend to close one image by clicking the x at the top of the open image before opening the next. Here I seldom get promted with the question if I want to save changes. At least I was not asked this when closing s012.

No, I am an unable to open the other two images in any other program...

Thank you for looking in to this for me!

Best Regards Josephine
  • Hi Yuri!

Yes, for the images where I have drawn ROI i have two copies of the image, one with and one without ROI.

I will send you the copy without ROI for s012, this one I can open correctly. I will try to draw a new, smaller ROI for it and see if the issue persists, but save it in features manager first, the ROI from yesterday I cannot get since I cannot open the image ot retrieve it! For s016 and s052c I havn't gotten as far as to drawing ROI yet, they have only been tiled and when I'm trying to open them to draw ROI they wont open. I can try to do it again and send a screenshot of that error message in case it differs from the other. 

I use the polygon tool to draw ROI on all my images. 

I'll get right to it and come back to you!

Thanks!

• Any luck in solving the problem?
  • The new .dll file you guys sent me works perfectly! Thanks guys!