Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Image not saving and unable to open

Hi!

It´s me again :) 

Once again we have images that won't open after using it. This time it is after analyzing the image. I suppose it is the same problem as with the ROI and large images, that it is all to large. 

We have set up a smart segmentation recipe to use in the cell analysis app. We started with doing a small ROI in one area of the image and refined the recipe, set the colours and define ranges. Once we were happy with the recipe inside the small ROI we removed the ROI and set the recipe for the full image (we will most likely analyze the full tiled image with this set, no ROI´s or perhaps an ROI that will cover most of the image) and did a count. We were pretty happy with the outcome and tried to save the image. This is when the first error message appeared. This is the error message I got (see enclosed file).

I then got the error messages about overlay not being able to save, similar to what I got when the ROI´s were to large.

When my colleague tried to open the image this morning she got the error message "The source provided is invalid". The image won't open in the image viewer on the computer either. 

Is there anything we can do about this? Or do we need to rethink our analysis-strategy and do smaller images? This image is roughly 250 MB.

Thanks for helping!

Best Regards Josephine Kalm

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

Can you please provide source files, so we can try to reproduce the problem and investigate it?

We will need:

1. Original image (tif)
    2. Segmentation recipe file (isg)
    3. Measurement options file (iqo).

Can you please send these files to me directly?

Thanks,

Yuri

Answers