Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Cannot make macros anymore

Hi!

Okay, I have screwed up the project workbench. 

We have just finished running several batches of images with macros in batch processing. I was structuring things up, making sure all the right documents and files were stored in the same place. So I moved some files that we used in some of the macros and also saved the actual macros in our archive folders. I realise that the macros will only work if the documents are in the right location and we are taking this into consideration when setting up new batch processes. But for now, it doesn't matter, we are not going to use these macros again, I just wanted to save the text and files just in case we need to check something. I also changed the name of Project 1 in the Project Workbench, and here is where my biggest problem starts. First of all, I cannot se the designer view of the macros anymore. 

Secondly, and this is my biggest problem, is that every time I try to record a new macro now, I get error messages and no macro is saved. I am enclosing screendumps of the error messages. The file the message is requiring is not a file I am trying to use in the new macro. I tried moving the wanted file back to the requested folder again, but I still get the same messages...

The error with unexpected text confuses me aswell because the project it opens only has 14 rows...

What have I done and how can I mend it?

Thanks once again for helping a programming ignorant...

Best Regards Josephine

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

Yes, to make the macro projects work properly on different computers you have to use known location for files (e.g. Configuration Files folder). Otherwise the macro will not work if you move it.

I can see that you use Desktop location, which is user-specific. Be sure that you stay on the same login.

If you have any backups, I would recommend trying to use them (you should do backups of all important projects). If not, then you should try to recover it. You can rename IPX file to ZIP and open it as archive, it will give you access to all source files. Check the IPP file (open with Notepad) that it contains the right file names.

If it will not help, send the project to me and I will try to recover it.

Regards,

Yuri
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    As Yuri pointed out, the easiest way is to store the files in locations known from Premier e.g. My Documents\Image-Pro Premier 3D 64-bit\9.2\Configuration Files, in this case it will automatically generate the code so that it is portable. Furthermore, it will give you the option of embedding the files in your project package with very little effort making the IPX totally self contained.

Pierre
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

What you need is to set the module you want as "Recording target". It can be done from the context menu in project workbench over the module you want to be the target:

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Josephine --

Based on your description of the problem, I believe that part of the solution is the

MACRODIR

feature of the programming language within the PROJECT WORKBENCH.

If you embed a

DEBUG.PRINT MACRODIR

within a ROUTINE inside your PROJECT, you will see that the

MACRODIR

function produces the PATH to the PROJECT.

You can locate your SUPPORT FILES next to your PROJECT FILES and then use the MACRODIR function to create a FULL FILE NAME (relative to the PROJECT FILES) to your SUPPORT FILES.

!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!

As of the last time I tested it, the MACRODIR FUNCTION does not work properly when a PROJECT is saved as an IPX FILE.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt
  • Options
    Hi guys!

Okay, I'm not getting all of this...

So, I am not concerned about the project that is not working any more, we are done with those particular macros, all the files used in it still works and are saved. For future projects I will definitely save all files and projects in Configuration files! So about recovering the project itself, I don't mind so much. I will however send the file to Yuri in case you can help me, cause I don't get how I am supposed to do it myself...!

What is my actual problem is the fact that I cannot record any new macros!  I guess Matthews answer is guiding me towards solving that problem, but unfortunately I understand very little of it...I have no idea on how I do to embedd a DEBUG.PRINT MACRODIR in a project...

To be honest I am doing a lot of trial and error regarding the whole project workbench. Unfortunately we have no IT support that can help us in these matters, I am the one with the most computer skills around and I don't have that much. So, all of my macros from all my projects end up in Project 1 (the one I now tried to change the name for). I have tried doing a new project, but every time I recorded a new macro it ended up in Project 1 anyway. I guess that is why I now cannot record any new macros, since I screwed that one up!?

Thanks for helping !

Josephine
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you!

I managed to create a new project and record a macro in that one! So hopefully it will work better from now on! As long as my colleagues don't change the recording target by accident ;) 

So I guess, problem solved! Thanks!

Best Regards Josephine