Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Large Data - BigTiff - channel merge?

Hello, I have large (dimensionally and bit-depth) single channel BigTiff formatted files (6-8GB, >32K pixels in a dimension), that I would like to merge - ImagePro 10 can read a single via the Large Data, but when I try to open as a Set, assigning one as Red, another as Green, it fails out. I think I'm pushing it with the BigTiff format... Any insight/experience/advice that people have channel merged larger parameter files via IPP10?

Thanks as always,
Kevin

Answers

• You are right that Image Pro 10 does not yet support either building a set from Large Image files nor does it support adding already opened Large Images to the Color Composite view directly (Adjust tab, Color ribbon section).  Feature requests for both of these capabilities have been submitted, but their availability is unknown as of now.

The manual workaround is pretty painful, involving extracting the same ROI (either at full-resolution or reduced resolution) from your two large images and then adding these extracted images to the Color Composite view.  We may have some tools to help ease this process some, but that will take some time to explore.  We will try to get back to you with an easier solution if we can come up with one in the near term.