Home Image-Pro General Discussions

How can I change the image resolution at capture

We only have 72dpi of resolution with the new ImagePro Premier 9.1.4 64-bit

How can we change to 300 because with our previous version ImagePro Plus 6.1 we had 300?

We use the same camera since 10 years.

Answers

• Hello,

Using Premier version 9.1.4, captured images using built-in capture have their resolution property set to 300dpi by default. Could you please provide more detail about your camera and system? Are you using a TWAIN supported device or the built-in capture support? If using a TWAIN device, you may need to check the settings in the manufacturer's TWAIN dialog to switch to a different DPI resolution.

• We have a QImaging RETIGA 4000R camera, Windows7P. We also install QImagingCaptureInterface9.

• Thank you for the information. However, I cannot reproduce this issue with a QImaging camera, in my testing the images captured have a DPI value set to 300. Could you please check the DPI using the document properties by right clicking the image, clicking the round blue button, setting the Template to Normal and opening Size and Width and Height fields as shown in the screen shot? Where are you observing 72DPI image resolution?

Are you saving images to a file? If so, then only TIFF file format will store the DPI resolution.

• With ImagePro Premier I have 100DPI X and Y. With Photoshop I read 72 Pixels/inch and 96 with windows properties. I have the same results with a JPEG or a TIFF file. Could it be a problem from the camera?
  • edited March 2016

There is nothing wrong with the camera. There is a file save issue that is not storing the DPI value in version 9.1.4. This is corrected in our new version 9.2 which will be released soon. Note that this value does not reflect the resolution of the camera intrinsically, it's a value that would ultimately depend on the entire optical system that we were setting to 300 as a default value. If you do not require it for a special printing need or something similar, it should not matter what value is set. If you do, then 300 would probably not be accurate unless the system was calibrated to determine the value.