Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

How do I correct script due to Tool called from within a tool deselected event?

We are getting the error in the Project Workbench, "(&H840000d2) SelectTool cannot be called from within a ToolDeselected event.

Project 'Otolith', module '*AppForm.vb', line 2278, character 0.

After we get this error the Otolith app freezes. Then, after trying to close Premier, a project different Workbench error pops up and parts of the app are still running and we need to click through those steps before Premier can be closed.

This error only happens on two computers and not on the other four computers we are using to measure scales. The differences are not consistent between computers...

Any advice would be great! Thanks,

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Lorna Wilson --

Just as there are complications in 4 workstations accessing an XLS FILE or a TXT FILE in a shared location, I believe there are complications in 4 workstations accessing the VB, RESX, and IPP files that work together to drive a PREMIER AUTOMATION.

A working copy of the AUTOMATION may be brought to the LOCAL MACHINE in a TEMP FILE or in MEMORY but for administrative purposes the FILE that is open is the one that is designated by the OPEN PROJECT.  This is why I'm suggesting that if the PROJECT FILES are copied to 4 FOLDERS (1 for each workstation) then the WORKSTATIONS can be configured to not SHARE an AUTOMATION but work with DUPLICATE (IDENTICAL) AUTOMATIONS.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt
  • Answer ✓
    Hi Lorna,

If workstations load an app from the same shared location then this could be a problem. Please, copy Otolith app to the LOCAL folder on each workstation and then add app from the LOCAL folder.

Thanks,
    Nikita.

Answers

• It appears that replacing a couple of new configuration xml files on he affected computer with some older files from my compter (last modified in 2012), allowed the user to continue work:

(1) IQFilePropertyConfig.xml located here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit (Shared)\Templates\File Properties

and

(2) IQFileProperties.xml located here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit (Shared)\Templates\XML

Not sure why this helped. Any additional info is welcome.

• Actually, the error is still occurring, even with the new xml property files. This error is occurring on two computers only, and I am not sure why there is a difference between these two computers and the other four computers with Premier and the Otolith app. the only difference I can think of is that Premier and the Otolith app were installed on these two computers in the last few months while the other computers, which are using the same Otolith application (the app is saved on a network and all users have access to it) are not getting the error, had Premier and the Otolith app installed around a year or so ago. All computers are Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, and Premier has been updated with the newest patch.

Help!

• Hi lornawilson,

I'm not sure what IQFilePropertyConfig or IQFileProperties related to Otolith issue.

I have couple questions which helps to identify the problem:
    What is the version of the Otolith App?
    Do you have any other panels/tools open?
    Could you post the Premier screenshot?

Thank you,
    Nikita.

• Also, at what point in operating the application does the error happen?
    Does it always happen or is it intermittent?
    If intermittent, does the speed at which the operator moves through the steps affect whether the error happens or not?
  • NikitaRG,

I agree, the IQFilePropertyConfig and IQFileProperties do not seem to be related to the Otolith issue. I thought the might have been helping what appears to be a computer specific issue, but it did not.

To answer your questions

(1)The Otolith app is version 9.1.0. I did replace some code, starting at line 2766 from this forum that prevented the app from crashing, from this thread:

http://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/461/otolith-app-crashing

(2) No other panels or tools are open.

(3) Screenshot:

CraigW:

The error happens when the reader has gotten to the Draw Transect Line page of the Otolith app. They have Selected "Ref & Perpendicular" then the "plus" button to add the transect. While marking the transect, they are able to

a) draw the base line,

b) click "OK" in the dialog prompts and the base line appears,

c) click the first point of the transect line

d) hit "OK in the prompt dialog

d) hit the second point of the transect line (this is when the outer edge of a circle that is automatically drawn appears and the measurement transect line is drawn)

e) When they click "OK" in the prompt dialog they get the errors in the  above screenshot.

The error is intermittent, she can measure just a few slowly and get the error, or measure 70 scales quickly with no error.

• Lorna Wilson --

I have a customer that has several PREMIER WORKSTATIONS running an AUTOMATION that I created.

When the WORKSTATIONS (lets call them A, B, C, and D) use the AUTOMATION at the same time from a SHARED FOLDER (lets call it 1) on a NETWORK DRIVE, there are issues.

When the WORKSTATIONS use the AUTOMATION from INDIVIDUAL FOLDERS (lets call them 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D) on a NETWORK DRIVE, the issues disappear.

Based on this, I would suggest that you:

** Create a FOLDER for each of the PREMIER WORKSTATIONS on the NETWORK DRIVE
        ** Place a copy of the PREMIER AUTOMATION within each FOLDER
        ** Point the PREMIER on each WORKSTATION to the AUTOMATION in its own FOLDER
        ** See if this resolves the issue

-- Matt

• Lorna, please, try latest version 

http://www.mediacy.com/resources/appcenter/otolith-application-27-detail

Let me know, if this works.

Nikita.
  • Hi NikitaRG,

I just downloaded and loaded the newest app from the link you provided. Unfortunately I get the error:

And my workbench looks like this (let me know if I should repost as two separate images):

Please let me know what I can do so that I can try the app.

• Lorna Wilson --

I have a customer that has several PREMIER WORKSTATIONS running an AUTOMATION that I created.

When the WORKSTATIONS (lets call them A, B, C, and D) use the AUTOMATION at the same time from a SHARED FOLDER (lets call it 1) on a NETWORK DRIVE, there are issues.

When the WORKSTATIONS use the AUTOMATION from INDIVIDUAL FOLDERS (lets call them 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D) on a NETWORK DRIVE, the issues disappear.

Based on this, I would suggest that you:

** Create a FOLDER for each of the PREMIER WORKSTATIONS on the NETWORK DRIVE
        ** Place a copy of the PREMIER AUTOMATION within each FOLDER
        ** Point the PREMIER on each WORKSTATION to the AUTOMATION in its own FOLDER
        ** See if this resolves the issue

-- Matt

Hi Matt,

I am unclear about the details of loading an application/project.

Currently WORKSTATIONS A, B, C, and D navigate to a copy of the application in a shared location then load the application for use at their workstation.

After the application is loaded, are the automations copied to local machines? Or do WORKSTATIONS work only use files/references in the same directory of the app (in this case the same directory as the "Otolith.ipx" file)?

Thank you for the suggestion and clarification.

• Hi Nikita and Matt,

Thanks! After copying the most recent app to the local computer and loading that version, we are not getting the error (I tried on a couple of different user's computers). Also, the most recent version of the app downloaded seems to all of the features we use.

Thank you for your patience and help!