Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions

ROI and resize options

I have been working with Image Pro Plus for more than 20 yeas and did not have any problems. Image-Pro Premier  is not good, as I expected. Now I have a problem with ROI and resize options. Something happed a couple week ago. I could nor resize images properly,  so every time I have different size of images. If I am working with ROI the distortion is very strong in vertical and horizontal directions even if a ration is locked.  

Answers

• edited April 2017
    It's not clear from your description what you think is wrong. Can you please provide more details with screenshots? You can also attach test images to the post.

Yuri

• Left image is original with ROI green square  frame. This ROI was reduced to 40% and result s on right image. The big distortion is in the vertical direction with 63 %.  
  • It was a bug in the function which calculates width and height of the result image if ROI is used. Please, upgrade to the latest version. The work around: crop an image to ROI first then resize.

Nikita.
  • I assume you do Crop and then Resize operations, right? How do you resize (pixels, percent)? Do you have the Lock active? What are X and Y values?

Yuri
  •  Nikita, I have the latest version and have the same bugs. You advise ( The work around: crop an image to ROI first then resize) is not convenient for work so takes more time. The "resize icon" does not work properly too. For example: I have reduced one image to 40%, second image to 20%, but when I returned back to 40%  for the next image the PPI reduced this image again to 20% . What should I do?  Anatolii  
  • Yuri, Lock is active, working with %. When I used crop and then resize options system works OK. It does not work correctly when I resize ROI on original image, as I already demonstrated on screenshot. The option "resize" dos not work correctly when I resize an original image to different %. For example: I have reduced one image to 40%, second image to 20%, but when I returned back to 40%  for the next image the PPI reduced this image again to 20% but I see that I installed 40% again. Anatolii.

• Anatolii, please take a snapshot of the About dialog and post it here. Thanks.

Nikita.
  • edited April 2017
    Anatolii,

I does look like the aspect ratio is taken from the image, not ROI, we will look at this issue.
    You can use Crop and Resize for now. The resize dialog remembers the last value you used (not the value you applied to that particular image). 
    To reduce the number of steps you can combine Crop and Resize into one macro (just by recording) and then just call it from the Project Explorer. You can also set a macro to Quick Access Toolbar, so it will be just one click from any tab.

Here is a macro that will resize ROI 40% (the crop produces an invisible image):
        'Resize ROI 40%
        Public Function Resize40() As SimpleScript
            Resize40 = New SimpleScript
            Dim doc1, image1, image2

With Application.DocumentCommands.Active(Resize40)
                .Run(doc1)
            End With

With Adjust.ImageCommands.Crop(Resize40)
                .Visible = False
                .Run(doc1, image1)
            End With

With Adjust.ImageCommands.Resize(Resize40)
                .NewSize = New System.Drawing.SizeF(40F,40F)
                .Units = Image.SizeUnits.Percentage
                .Smoothing = MediaCy.IQL.Operations.mcSmoothing.mcsmBilinear
                .Visible = True
                .Run(image1, image2)
            End With
        End Function

And here is the macro for 20% resize:

'Resize ROI 20%
        Public Function Resize20() As SimpleScript
            Resize20 = New SimpleScript
            Dim doc1, image1, image2

With Application.DocumentCommands.Active(Resize20)
                .Run(doc1)
            End With

With Adjust.ImageCommands.Crop(Resize20)
                .Visible = False
                .Run(doc1, image1)
            End With

With Adjust.ImageCommands.Resize(Resize20)
                .NewSize = New System.Drawing.SizeF(20F,20F)
                .Units = Image.SizeUnits.Percentage
                .Smoothing = MediaCy.IQL.Operations.mcSmoothing.mcsmBilinear
                .Visible = True
                .Run(image1, image2)
            End With
        End Function

Yuri
  • My apologies, Anatolii, there's a bug at the command level if ROI & % used - will be fixed in the next patch (9.3.1). Thanks!

Nikita.
  • Nikita, how about his bug: The option "resize" dos not work correctly when I resize an original image to different %. For example: I have reduced one image to 40%, second image to 20%, but when I returned back to 40%  for the next image the PPI reduced this image again to 20% but I see that I installed 40% again. Anatolii.
  • Anatolii, I think then you go back to 40% you need to press Enter or click  button after you type 40 in the numeric control to apply changes.