Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Image pro image analysis

Hello, 
I have a pro-licence dongle.
I was trying to analyse this image from light microscopy, but do you think the image is not great. how to analyse this image especially for those oblate spheroids you see when you zoom-in.

please help.
regards
Vinay

Answers

• edited July 2018
    2018-07-24-150948

Vinay --

I worked with the image that you provided a bit.

The results are attached.

To get these results I:

** Opened ORIGINAL IMAGE
    ** Extracted INTENSITY IMAGE
    ** Found MEAN of INTENSITY IMAGE
    ** Created MEAN IMAGE
    ** Created INTENSITY ABS DIFF MEAN IMAGE
    ** Created SMART THRESHOLD for OBLATE SPHEROIDS
    ** Performed COUNT on OBLATE SPHERIOIDS in ABS DIFF IMAGE
    ** Transferred COUNT to INTENSITY IMAGE via FEATURE MANAGER
    ** Performed LEARNING CLASSIFICATION on SINGLE (ROUND GREEN) verses CLUSTERED (UNROUND BLUE) OBJECTS
    ** Extracted uncalibrated measurements for AREA, DIAMETER, and ROUNDNESS for SINGLE and CLUSTERED OBJECTS

The "crop" set of images is the center 33% (W & H) of the ORIGINAL IMAGE.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• Hi Vinay,

If you want to segment and measure all objects, then you can use the workflow described by Matt.
    But if you just need a count of objects of certain shape, then you can use Find Shapes tools located on the Extras tab (the tab should be enabled in the context menu over a ribbon bar tab).

1. Draw a ROI around the object of interest (e.g. 30x40 rect) and click the "Set Search Pattern" button.
    2. Then set pattern matching parameters (I used threshold 0.6, max objects 500) and click the Find Pattern item. You will get the result like this and the count results can be collected from the measurements table:

Yuri
  • 2018-07-25-102032

Yuri --

The FIND SHAPE TOOL (on EXTRAS RIBBON (exposed by FILE + OPTIONS + DISPLAY + SHOW EXTRA TAB OPTION) is new to me.

Thank you for bringing the FIND SHAPE TOOL to our attention here.

I played with this TOOL a bit and include a SCREEN CAPTURE below.

I trained this tool with an ROI around the CAT in the upper left corner of the top image.

It seems that the tool does not like ROTATION but does seem to deal with OVERLAP well.

The CONFIGURATION used here was

I hope this information is helpful to others who are just learning about this TOOL.

Thanks again.

-- Matt

• Matt,

Yes, this tool doesn't handle rotation and scale, just translation as it's based on FFT cross-correlation. 

Yuri

• 2018-07-25-144143

Yuri --

Thank you for the additional information.

Knowing the PROs and CONs of TOOLs helps pick the right TOOL.

Thanks again.

-- Matt