Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Different color on image under microscope and computer

I am using image pro 9.3 premier. I stained tissue section with PAS (Periodic acid shiff) stain and counter stain with hematoxylin (a non-fluorescent dye). Image under microscope appears blue but whenever I link that to the camera linked to pro computer, same image appears as black and white. Image is fine, we only have problem with color. Is the anyway I can get similar colored image in computer which i see under microscope. Thank you  

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Mohan,

You haven't mentioned what camera you have, is it a color camera? If yes, check if it's not in monochrome mode and binning set to 1.

Yuri
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

INFINITY 3 series cameras may be monochrome or color so first check to make sure it is a color camera and not monochrome.

If it is a color camera, then there should be a control on the capture panel to set the bit-depth. Set the bit-depth to a color format, 24-bit color should work well for you.

Answers

• Options

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for reply. Our camera is Infinity 3 Lumenera. and binning is set to 1. At this time I am not using fluorescent. Do I need to change any setting to get color picture.

• Options
    Now I figured out where the problem is. Ours is just monochrome and it's not colored. We might need to install color camera. Thank you all.