Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Error message with Leica camera in IPP 9.1

Hi!

We just bought a new computer and reinstalled Image Pro Premiere 9.1.2 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and all the camera drivers on it to connect with our microscope. Everything works, I can see a live picture, do live tiling and capture images, White Balance, Auto exposure etc. but for everything I do, I get an error message that I need to OK. I get the same message twice, once before the action is performed and once after the action has been executed. I don´t understand the message I am getting and was hoping to get a "translation" of what I should do to fix it. 

I also have a problem with the background when doing Live Tiling. I can do the tiling and everything works fine, but when I want to pick a colour for the background I get this error message and it wont let me pick the colour from my image. (the swedish text says "The file could not be found) Is this problem related to the first problem?

We have an iMac computer with Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit system). We are using a Leica DFC280 Camera and Leica DFC702 and Leica 1394 Capture Interface 9.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards Josephine Kalm, Odontology department, Gothenburg University

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine, The DFC280 camera model is not a currently supported model. The supported models are listed on our website at http://www.mediacy.com/index.aspx?page=drivers_Leica. Having said that, it's looks like the camera is mostly supported, but it is getting a couple of minor things wrong that are causing the error messages. I will suppress those errors for the next Premier version release, so that they won't be a problem if the camera otherwise works.

Answers

• Options
    Hi Josephine,

Can you please give more details on the error? Please click the green arrow button in the error dialog to show more text, then copy it to clipboard.

Background color for tiling can be also picked before tiling, on Live preview image (though it should also work during tiling, you should pick color from the active image).

Yuri

• Options
    Hi!
    The background issue was no more when I tried today, so that was apparently some kind of temporary problem. I could pick the colour both from the active image and the tiled image.

The first issue persists though, I clicked the green arrow and did a new screen print. This is what it looks like. 

I am going on maternity leave now, but my colleagues will keep working with this problem, so they will check and update the forum from now on!

Thanks for helping!

Best regards Josephine