Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Number of frames and McImageSetLocationsClass

Hello

I'm using the code below to perform an EDF on a 3D timelapse image. The code is not tested yet because although its basically the recorded code from the Record Macro option I get the following error "Type identifier is invalid referring to the line below.

.SetFrames = New System.Collections.Generic.List(Of MediaCy.IQL.Sets.McImageSetLocations)
Also which command do you use to get the number of z and number of timepoints in an image
Full code below
Public Function MergeRed()
        Dim x As Integer
        Dim doc1, image1, doc2, image2, doc3

With Application.DocumentCommands.Active(MergeRed)
            .Run(ThisApplication.ActiveImage)
        End With

With Process.FramesCommands.Extract(MergeRed)
            .SetFrames = New System.Collections.Generic.List(Of MediaCy.IQL.Sets.McImageSetLocations)
                Dim locations As MediaCy.IQL.Sets.McImageSetLocationsClass

For x = 0 To 5
                    locations = New MediaCy.IQL.Sets.McImageSetLocationsClass
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdChannel, 1)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdZ, x)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdScan, 0)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdSite, 0)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdTime, 0)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdResolution, 0)
                    locations.Add(MediaCy.IQL.Sets.mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdUser2, 0)
                    .SetFrames.Add(locations)
                Next x
                .ViewClassName = "McGalleryView"
                .FrameByFrame = False
                .BestFocusPlane = False
                .NormalizeIllumination = False
                .BottomUp = False
                .Prefilter = MediaCy.IQL.Align.mcefPreFilterType.mcpftVarDilation3x3
                .VarianceThreshold = 50
                .Run(doc1, image1)

End With
End Function

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi David,

Low level set operations are not covered by commands, so you have to use IQL functions to get all these parameters. Below is a sample macro that prints all dimensions of the active set from the active location:

Public Sub GetSetDimentions()
            If ThisApplication.ActiveDocument Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
            Dim imSet As McImageSet=ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.GetData(GetType(McImageSet),Nothing)
            If imSet IsNot Nothing Then
                Dim lc As McImageSetLocations=imSet.GetCurrentLocation
                For Each ilc As McImageSetLocation In lc
                    Dim length As Integer=imSet.GetDimensionLength(ilc.Dimension,lc)
                    If length>1 Then
                        Debug.Print (ilc.Dimension.ToString() & " = " &  length)
                    End If
                Next
            End If
        End Sub
    For other set operations you have to check IQL functions in MediaCy.IQL.Sets namespace of the automation help.

Yuri 

Answers

• Options
    Hi David,

It looks like the references to MediaCy.IQL.Sets.dll and MediaCy.IQL.Align.dll are not added automatically.
    Please try to add them manually (Project workbench - References).

Yuri
  • Options

Hello Yuri

The references worked, but which commands would you use to find how many timepoints and how many z are in an image.

Regards

David

• Options
    David,

I've created an example macro that extracts maximum Projection image from every time point stack and merges it to a sequence. 

Imports MediaCy.IQL.Sets

Public Sub CreateMIPSequenceOfActiveChannel()
            If ThisApplication.ActiveDocument Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
            Dim imSet As McImageSet=ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.GetData(GetType(McImageSet),Nothing)
            If imSet Is Nothing Then Exit Sub 'not a set
            Dim seqOp As New MediaCy.IQL.Operations.McOperations

'get number of time points
            Dim timeLength As Integer=imSet.GetDimensionLength(mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdTime,lc)
            Dim outIm As McImage
            Dim pm As McBusyState =ThisApplication.SetBusyState(,True)
            pm.SetProgressInfo("Creating MIP sequence",Interop.mcProgressAllowCancel.mcpacTopLevelCancelOnly,0,timeLength-1)
            For i As Integer =0 To timeLength-1
                If pm.SetProgress(i) Then Exit Sub'user cancel
                'get Z planes for every time point
                lc.Item(mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdTime).Location=i
                Dim src As McImageSetSources=imSet.GetSourcesAlongDimension(lc,mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdZ)
                'create maximum intensity projection image, as invisible
                Dim im As mcimage=seqOp.MaxFrames(src,mcImageCreateFlags.mcicfNotVisible Or mcImageCreateFlags.mcicfNoAddToCollection)
                If outIm Is Nothing Then
                    outIm=im
                Else
                    'append frame
                    im.MoveFrames(0,1,outIm,outIm.FrameCount)
                End If
            Next
            'make image visible
            outIm.Visible=True
        End Sub

You can use this macro as a reference for your processing.

Yuri
  • Options

Hello Yuri

Thanks for code to extract the max projections over time it works well. I'm now trying to extend it to work on 2 or 3 colour images but using the debugger its very difficult to figure out what the various variables contain and therefore what they are doing so that I can modify the correct bit. In the debugger each variable seems to hold a hex memory location rather than readable values. I've been using the .DisplayName you suggested in a previous post but this doesn't work on most of the variables is there another way to figure out what the variables are doing. I've searched the help files for the commands but I'm struggling a bit with them

Regards

David 

• Options

Hello Yuri

Got it, you select the channel then run your code

Regards

David

• Options
    Yes, the macro uses CurrentLocation of the set, which defines what channel is currently selected. 

If you want to specify channel programmatically you can set it to the msisdChannel dimension of the location:

Dim ChannelIndex As Integer=0
            'process my channel
            lc.Item(mcImageSetDimensions.mcisdChannel).Location=ChannelIndex

Yuri