Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Setting Thresholds

I have the following code snip to set thresholds, but it always draws a graphic outline of the area inside the thresholds. I don't want this outline, how can I switch it off? I tried setting the colour to 'transparent' but it didn't do it.

' SET THRESHOLDS
        With measure.ThresholdToolCommands.Thresholds(Nothing)
            .AllowOverlap = False
            .Interpretation = eInterpretation.Mono
            .Classes = New System.Collections.Generic.List(Of SegmentationClass)
            .Classes.Add(New SegmentationClass("Class 1",System.Drawing.Color.Blue,New Double(){LowerThreshold,UpperThreshold}))
            .Run(ThisApplication.ActiveDocument)
        End With

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Paul,

BTW, why do you want to make segmentation outlines invisible? They are specifically shown, so the user can have visual indication of what have been measured. If you don't want to show it, you can just delete all segmented objects in the end of the macro . (or do all the processing and measurements on hidden images).

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Paul,

If I understand correctly you just want to set threshold for the Count operation without showing the threshold overlay, is it right?

If yes, there is a way to do that. Threshold overlay is shown only when Threshold Tool panel is visible. Just make sure that the threshold tool panel is not visible: either don't show it or, to be sure, hide it before applying the threshold:

With Measure.ThresholdTool.Gadgets.Histogram(Nothing)
                .CheckState = MediaCy.IQL.Application.McCommand.mcCheckState.Unchecked
                .Run()
            End With

Let me know if that's what you need.

Yuri

• Options
    2017-03-10-103321

Paul  --

There is another PREMIER FEATURE that may help you MANUALLY or through CODE.

The SHOW THRESHOLD OVERLAY OPTION may control the display in the manner you desire.

Below is a GRAPHIC that shows the CONTROL and its effect on an image.

Below that is CODE that shows how to access this CONTROL from CODE.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Imports MediaCy.Addins.ThresholdTool
    Public Module Module1

Public Function DemoShowOverlayOn()
            Dim image1

With Application.DocumentCommands.ActiveImage(Nothing)
                .Run(image1)
            End With

With Measure.ThresholdToolCommands.Options(Nothing)
                .ShowOverlay = True
                .Run(image1)
            End With

End Function

Public Function DemoShowOverlayOff()
            Dim image1

With Application.DocumentCommands.ActiveImage(Nothing)
                .Run(image1)
            End With

With Measure.ThresholdToolCommands.Options(Nothing)
                .ShowOverlay = False
                .Run(image1)
            End With

End Function

End Module

• Options
    Thanks for your help - Yuri, yes this is what I want to do.I have attached a image which shows a threshold outline in red. If I add your code then the Threshold tool dialog does close but the outline is still there. 

In the image you can also see the tools on my Threshold tool toolbar. I don't see the 'show' button that Matt shows.
  • Options
    Sorry I think the red outline was missing from the previous image. See attached
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi Paul,

The red line doesn't look like threshold overlay, but rather it's an object outline, which is shown after the Count. Is it correct?

If yes, then you can change the thickness of the line in the Measurement Options panel (Outlines group, Width). You can also change it to Filled and set transparency.

Let me know if we are talking about the same thing.

Yuri

• Options
    Yes, we are talking about the same thing. I have tried various settings in the measurement options but I can't remove the line.
  • Options
    Paul,

You can set the style to Filled and set Opacity to 0:

Another way is to switch off Measurements overlay:

Yuri
  • Options
    The first option works - how can I set this as the default behavior?
  • Options
    It's persisted, so once changed it will stay (until you change or reset the options). It's also a part of IQO file, so you can save it and use in your macro.

Yuri

• Options
    There are several segmentation steps and the outlines get confusing for the operator. We are aiming for 'click' then get result without interaction. Saving the transparency settings in the IQO files worked. Thanks for your help.