Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Batch processing

I have been working a lot with Batch processing and came to few obstacles...if somebody could help me:

When using batch processing tool - is it possible that already processed pictures are closed automatically?

For example, I usually firstly use macro (under loop on) to segment the objects on the pictures. After that I use second macro, which applies mask on the previous already segmented pictures. After that I usually use the third different macro. But the pictures from the first processing (segmented images) wont close automatically and I have to close them by hand to proceed. Could this be done automatically?

And also - could few macros be combined together in Batch processing? As I understand - if I want that the program process all the selected images, I always have to choose macro under "Loop on".

In recent times often happens that after or while using Batch processing the system starts working REALLY slowly and sometimes also crashes. Could it be the reason, that I haven't updated the system to new version 9.3 (still have the 9.2 on the computer). I also suspect that pictures are saving somewhere in the background and maybe this slows down the system? Can I somehow clean/reset the system?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Sana,

You can just close the image during macro recording, so this command will also be a part of the batch macro. There is also a special command CloseAll, as described in this post: http://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/comment/604#Comment_604 

Accumulated images may take all available memory and slow down processing, so it's important to cleanup everything in the end of the macro. 

You can create a macro that calls other macros and set it up as "Loop on", so multiple steps will be executed. If you search the forum using "Batch" keyword you will find many examples of batch macros.

Yuri