Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Hello all ! I am Raviraj, please find the attached file for question? thank you

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Raviraj,

You can combine all your images into a sequence, then use line profile to detect layer height, add necessary measurements to Data Collector types and click "Collect from All Frames" (Collect drop-down) -  the layer height from every frame will be collected to Data Collector, then the data can be analyzed in a table or a graph.

Yuri

• Options
    2020-02-27-103823

Raviraj --

I found a sequence of images that I believe illustrate your challenge.

I subsampled that sequence so that it was 9 FRAMES.

I used the AUTO BRIGHT THRESHOLD and the measurement of REGION AREA and the DATA COLLECTOR to illustrate one way of tackling your challenge.

Please see the SCREEN CAPTURES below.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

EXAMPLE IMAGE AA FRAME 5 NORMAL VIEW (LEFT) and EXAMPLE IMAGE AA FRAME 5 GALLERY VIEW (RIGHT)

EXAMPLE IMAGE AA FRAME 9 NORMAL VIEW
    + AUTO BRIGHT THRESHOLD
    + DATA COLLECTOR
    + COLLECT ALL FRAMES
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    2020-04-22-141443

Raviraj --

Will you please post a copy of your image with nothing overlaid upon it?

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Options
    Answer ✓

Hello Matt, thank you for immediate response. I hope this image will be helpful for you.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Raviraj,

Please check this topic: https://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/comment/957#Comment_957
    It explains how to modify the macro to print coordinates in 2 columns.

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Hello YuriG,

Thank you so much for immediate response. Yes, I have already used the Line profile ( edge measurement) for detecting the layer height. However, as far as I know, we can only measure the height of the layer at a particular point. I will recommend seeing another attached image. 
  • Options
    Hi Raviraj,

If you want to collect data from multiple profiles, it´s possible, just add a,b,c,d profiles on the image and collect the data.
    If it´s more complicated than that, maybe you can upload sample images (for 1,2,4 and 6 sec), so we can check them.

Yuri
  • Options
    Hello YuriG and Matt, Thank you for the help. As you asked for the images, I have drawn some of the images becuase I can not upload the acutal images of research. So, as you can see in the first three images, there is variation in layer profile at t= 1,2,4 sec. So, my question was how can we get those graphs which shows (x,y) co-ordinates of layers by processing these images in the image pro software ? As Matt suggested about sub sampling, auto bright threoshold and select the region area, I tried that option but, eventually we will get the value of region area. But as I mentioned I dont need the area value.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Hi Raviraj,

If I understand correctly, you just want to get outline coordinates of the segmented object (3D printed layer). There are several ways to do that:

1. You can get coordinates of segmented object outline in a macro. The link here contains a macro project for that https://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/comment/2311#Comment_2311

2. If you just want profile height at different X positions, then you can use Incremental distance tool:
                   a) Segment your object.
                   b) Select it and click Incremental Distance button with the parameters as on the screenshot (Directional, Angle = 90).
                   c) Then collect data to Data Collector (Line length and End X) and plot it in Data Collector graph:

You can get statistical parameters of profile height (Mean, StdDev) in the stats pane of the measurements table.
    You can plot data from multiple frames in Data Collector scatter-plot:

You can also export measurements table to Excel and plot data there.

I've attached the 3-frame sequence and ADOXSD file with Data Collector measurement list.

Yuri
  • Options
    2020-03-02-104940

Raviraj --

The method that Yuri has demonstrated gives you very detailed information that may be helpful.

If all you are interested in the the WIDTH and HEIGHT of the FEATURE, then you can adjust the DATA COLLECTOR to EXTRACT and REPORT those results.

An illustration of that is below using the 3Profiles.tif image sequence provided by Yuri.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• Options
    Hello Yuri and Matt,

I hope you are keeping yourself safe. I just wanted to mention that I am using macro to extract raw x and y coordinates from the outline of counted objects and the code is running without any error but as you can see in the image that I am not able to get the x and y coordinates seperately in the output. Could you please suggest any modification in the code.