Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

My Image Pro 6.0 stops working

I have Olympus DP72 and Image pro 6.0 installed on the PC. windows XP and every time i take photos the error shows up.
Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
160GB HDD

API_CANNOT_ALLOCATE_DMA_TRANS_BUFFER

followed by

ErrorCode: IFCARD_DEVICE_FLASH_ROM_ERROR

Or sometimes

API_CALLED_IN_INVALID_STATE

Comments

• Options
    In reviewing the Community Forum we came across your unanswered post and would like to make sure you've received a response from MediaCy since there was not a community response.

First, please make sure you are using the latest (last) release for the DP72 Capture Interface:

https://www.mediacy.com/support/imageproplus/hardware?p=p2&m=5&mo=110

These errors are produced by the Olympus low level libraries that we interface with to control the camera. The first 2 are related to resource allocation and the last may be related to the initial failure. It is very difficult to know what is causing these errors, especially since the last update for this products was more than 15 years ago. You may want to try enabling the feature "Workspace Preview", which changes the way that Image-Pro Plus creates the Preview and subsequent Snaps. Although it might be a little bit slower, this mode often avoids these types of errors.

If this does not solve the issue, please look closely at what changed on the system between the time it was working and the time it started producing errors. Windows updates, updates to other Olympus software, or significant changes in settings could cause these sorts of issues.

Best Regards,
    Scott Reed