Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Problems extracting from very large images

I am trying to crop/extract an area out of a VLI. After selecting the area the process starts but then the program freezes. The size of the area is a little over 500 MB. Are there settings that need to be optimized for this. I have done images this large before with periodic freezes but no am unsuccessful despite multiple attempts.
Thanks
Ross T

Answers

• Options
    Hi Ross,

500MB shouldn't be a problem if you have enough RAM. I would recommend opening Resource Monitor (icon in the status bar) and check how much memory you have:

You can also click the Resource Management Options button to change memory limits or maximize free memory.

If that will not help, then maybe the problem is with that specific image (corrupted,...?).

Yuri
  • Options
    2020-04-10-144932

Ross --

What are the DIMENSIONS (WIDTH x HEIGHT) and DEPTH (8 BIT MONO, 24 BIT RGB, ETC) of your image?

If you create a similar image using FILE + NEW IMAGE does the same problem present itself?

There are also some MEMORY MANAGEMENT OPTIONS in IMAGE-PRO that may help.  They are in the FILE + OPTIONS + APPLICATION.

You might also check about the number of UNDOs that are set up in the FILE + OPTIONS + IMAGE + GENERAL.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt