Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Scale bar disappears from saved image

I am having the issue that the scale bar is not being saved with my image in the images folder of my PC. The scale bar is present in live view and also when the image is captured on the side bar within Image pro premier software, but it then doesn't appear to save with the image into the folder. The image is being saved as a .tiff file. I have been told the software used to save it in the image folder but may have changed since an update. I have not seen this however. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Scale bar is not a part of the image, it's a dynamic overlay, which you can turn on or off. Use "Capture tab - Calibration group, Options dropdown - Toggle marker" to toggle scale bar on the image.

If you want to burn scale bar to the image, use Snap button on the review tab.

Yuri
  • Fab, thanks Yuri, I shall try that snap feature.
  • We have found the only way to have the scale bar remain on the image is to go to Share > click View, this will create a new ‘live’ view. Right click the image in this new view and copy the image to the clipboard with the icon in the pop up. Ctrl + v into a word doc or paint app. The snap feature doesn't appear to do the job. Is there another option available? pasting into word / paint / powerpoint is not ideal when we have users that need to take a lot of images with scale bars present. Thanks!
  • Update to this, snap feature works if zoom is set to 100% but this changes the scale bar back to pixels, which isn't helpful for physical measurements /comparisons. Is there a way to stop this happening or allow the snap feature to work at different zoom options? Thank you
  • edited December 2023
    The snap should work with any zoom and any calibration. You might see the scale bar on the Snapped image as overlay (as the snapped image doesn't have spatial calibration). Just toggle off the Scale bar from the snapped image to see the burned in calibration marker.
    Another way to snap image with the scale bar is to use the "Quick Save for Publication" button:

Yuri
  • 2023-12-06-192216

BTP --

A few years back (2017) I wrote and APP for IMAGE-PRO (PREMIER) that would take an image and add a TITLE BLOCK to the image.

The name of this APP is CAPTURE WITH TITLE BLOCK.  The features and functions of this APP are illustrated below.

The ORIGINAL IMAGE is in the UPPER LEFT CORNER of the ILLUSTRATION.  The MODIFIED IMAGE is in the LOWER LEFT CORNER of the ILLUSTRATION.

If you and your company are interested in this APP, let me know.

Thanks.

-- Matt