Home Image-Pro FAQs
Options

How do I activate (Link) Image-Pro 11?

Online (Internet Connected) Computers

Linking

1. Open the License Manager

2. Select the Sign-In link in the top right of the License Manager and enter your username and password.

3. Select the My Products page of the License Manager.

All license bundles that are available for linking are listed in the My Unlinked Licenses table. You can inspect the contents of a bundle by clicking on the ‘turn-down’ control on the left of the bundle.

4. Select the checkbox associated with the license bundle that you wish to link to your computer and click the Link button.

5. Ensure that the This Computer option is selected and click OK in the dialog that opens.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and your newly linked license bundle will be listed in the My Linked Licenses table. The status of the newly linked license bundle is Linked and the computer icon is shown as the target.

Your computer is now licensed to run Image-Pro from any user account.

Unlinking

1. Open the License Manager and sign into your account.

All linked license bundles are shown in the My Linked Licenses table.

2. Select the checkbox of the license bundle that you wish to unlink and click the Unlink button.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and your newly unlinked license bundle will be listed in the My Unlinked Licenses table.

Offline (No Internet Connection) Computers

To link a license to an offline computer you will need to access the License Manager from any online (internet connected) computer.

You will also need to have access to the License Manager on the offline computer to which you wish to link your license bundle.

Linking

1. Access the License Manager on the offline computer to which you wish to link your license.

2. Move your cursor over the ‘This Computer’ icon. A tooltip with the computer’s MAC address is displayed.

3. Click on the MAC address to copy it to the clipboard.

4. Open a text editor document and paste the MAC address.

5. Save the document and move it to your online computer.

6. Sign Into the License Manager on any internet connected computer.

7. Select the Sign-In link in the top right of the License Manager and enter your username and password.

All license bundles that are available for linking are listed in the My Unlinked Licenses table. You can inspect the contents of a bundle by clicking on the ‘turn-down’ control on the left of the bundle.

8. Select the checkbox of the license bundle that you wish to link to your offline computer.

9. Click Link.

10. Select the Show Offline Targets option in the dialog that opens.

11. Select the Offline Computer option and enter the MAC address of your offline computer (copy and paste the address from the text editor document you saved on the offline computer).

12. Click OK.

A Save Response dialog opens.

13. Save the Link Computer file to a USB drive and move it to the offline computer.

14. Re-access the License Manager on the offline computer.

15. Select the Folder Icon.

An Open Response… dialog opens.

16. Navigate to and select the Link Computer file on your USB drive and click Open.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and your newly linked license bundle will be listed in the My Linked Licenses table. The status of the newly linked license bundle will update to Linked and the computer icon is shown as the target.

Your offline computer is now licensed to run Image-Pro from any user account.

Unlinking

To unlink a license from an offline computer your will need to access the License Manager from any online (internet connected) computer, you will also need to have access to the License Manager on the offline computer from which you wish to unlink your license bundle.

1. Sign Into the License Manager on any internet connected computer.

2. Select the Sign-In link in the top right of the License Manager and enter your username and password.

All the linked license bundles are listed in the My Linked Licenses table. You can inspect the contents of a bundle by clicking on the ‘turn-down’ control on the left of the bundle.

3. Select the check box of the license bundle that you wish to unlink from your offline computer.

4. Click Unlink.

A Save Response dialog opens.

5. Save the Unlink Computer file to a USB drive.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and the status of your license bundle will update to Waiting for Confirmation.

6. Move your USB drive to your offline computer.

7. Re-access the License Manager on the offline computer.

8. Select the Folder Icon.

An Open Response… dialog opens.

9. Navigate to and select the Unlink Computer file on your USB drive and click Open.

A Save Confirmation… dialog opens.

10. Save the Unlink Computer Confirmation file to your USB drive.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and your license bundle will be removed from the My Linked Licenses table on the offline computer.

11. Move your USB drive to your online computer, re-access the License Manager and sign into your account.

12. Click on the Waiting for Confirmation hyperlink for your partially unlinked license.

An Open Confirmation dialog opens.

13. Navigate to and select your Unlink Computer Confirmation file on your USB drive, and click Open.

The License Manager will refresh (there may be a short delay while this happens) and your newly unlinked license bundle will be listed in the My Unlinked Licenses table.