Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Update CLASSIFY BY MEASUREMENT for NEW FRAME in a MOVIE

2023-06-07-181139

I am working with IP 10.0.13 for a CUSTOMER.

They have a MOVIE with a FRAME COUNT more than 200.

I have a SUB-SAMPLED version of their MOVIE which has about 200 FRAMES.

I have created a RECTANGULAR REGION on the MOVIE WINDOW.

I have set the MEASUREMENT OPTIONS to show the MEAN INTENSITY of the RECTANGULAR REGION as the LABEL.

When the MOVIE PLAYS the LABEL UPDATES.

YAY.

I have also created a CLASSIFY BY MEASUREMENT that uses MEAN INTENSITY as the CLASSIFIER as shown here.

When I move through the FRAMES of the MOVIE, the MEAN INTENSITY in the IMAGE + REGION + LABEL updates properly and the MEAN INTENSITY in the MEASUREMENT TABLE updates properly.

The problem is that that CLASS does not update properly in the MEASUREMENT TABLE.

This SCREEN CAPTURE shows the MEAN INTENSITY for the REGION in FRAME 1 is 99.64 and that puts the REGION in CLASS 7.

That is super.

If I move through the MOVIE to FRAME 100, the MEAN INTENSITIES update to 123.85 but the CLASS still shows as CLASS 7.

If I open and close the CLASSIFY BY MEASUREMENT BOX, the CLASS updates to 9 as shown below.

Is there a way to get the CLASS to update in the same manner as the MEAN INTENSITY is UPDATING?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Answers

• Options
    Hi Matt,

Classification is not executed when you change frame, so the class stays the same. If you want to update classification, on the current frame, you must execute classification on that frame. (either manually or by macro)

Another option would be to collect intensities from all frames and do classification in the Data Collector.
    Class can be calculated by a formula like this:

Then you just click the Collect From All Frames button and analyze the data:

I've attached Data Collector measurements list.

Yuri