Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

High pixelation image Pro 11

Good morning,
I have been using image pro 11 for over 6 months. No problems with this software until last week. Since last week, the pixelation level of the images is abnormally high. I have an Infinity 1 camera, I have checked on the Infinity analyze software and the image is perfectly clear letting me think that the problem comes from the Image Pro software. I have the latest version 11.0.2 installed. 
Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    2023-10-24-172847

Aaron07 --

According to LUMENERA, the INFINITY1-2 camera has a FULL RESOLUTION of 1600 x 1200 and BIT DEPTHS of 8 or 10 BITS.  These are shown below.

The RESOLUTION of the example images that you provided is 1600 x 1184 and the BIT DEPTH is 16.  This is shown below here

and here

I would not think that the BIT DEPTH would be causing the issue that you are seeing but I am curious why your images do not match the the camera specification and whether that is part of the problem with the quality of your images. 

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• Options
    Hi,

It appears that the demosaicing operation is not occurring on your images. Demosaicing needs to be done with Bayer color cameras even with monochrome output selected to remove the mask before conversion. This can be controlled from the Settings tab on the Capture panel in the Color section. On the Demosaicing control, make sure the None is *not* selected. Any of the other selections will work.