Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions
Options

Making volume measurements in 3D constructor

I'm trying to determine the volume of a nucleus using the 3D constructor. I am able to generate the 3D image quite easily using my meta-data parameters from my ND2 file. Meta data being x=.129, y=.129 and z=.2 microns. However when I try to use the volume measurements option in the 3D constructor options I', not able to use the values of my metadata. I can only use integers which, distorts the volume measurement outputs that I get. Is there anyway to get around this? 

Answers

• Options
    When you load the volume to 3D Constructor you can specify Voxel size manually (if it's not loaded correctly automatically). I've attached the screenshot of the form.

Yuri
  • Options
    Yep I enter in my meta data here. But the second step when I am rendering an iso-surface for volume measurements it asks to specify x, y, and z again. And only allows integers.
  • Options
    It's not size there, it's sub-sampling. Voxel size is defined by volume, so all your measurements should be correct.
  • Options
    So then I set the values for x, y, and z to 1 and this will not distort the measurements?

• Options
    No
  • Options
    When I put in 1,1,1 as the sub-sample it states my volume is 0. Attached screen shot.
  • Options
    Hi ailask,

From your screenshot I can see that you haven't set the threshold properly (Surface level), it's on the maximum (117), so objects are not segmented. Move the level down and you will see proper objects with correct volume values.

Regards,

Yuri
  • Options
    Thank you Yuri that fixed the problem!