Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions
Options

gray scale image 3D View display problem

I have a problem with "3D View" to display a 3D gray scale image, say, Pollen.seq from the sample images. It only display a bright white block, no matter how I change the transparency.  When I convert Pollen.seq to a color image, and the display is perfect.

Our system config:

IPP Analyzer 6.2.1.491
Windows 7 Pro 64
Video card: Geforce 9400GT, driver version: 331.65

We have another computer, with same IPP Analyzer 6.2.1.491 on Windows 7 Pro 64, and an AMD video card.  The 3D Viewer display gray scale 3D image perfectly.

Any suggestion to set up Nvidia card?  

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I use the default settings for the video card. I tested it with IPP 7.0.1.

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Hi Jinwnag,

I just tested it with GeForce 9600GT on IPP Plus 7.0.1 and the gray volume is displayed correctly, so it might be a driver issue of your video card. Try to update the driver on NVIDIA site. 

Regards,

Yuri
  • Options
    Thanks Yuri. I believe IPP 7 works right. I just updated NVIDIA driver, and 3D Viewer could not display gray scale image. I also have another computer with the same IPP Analyzer 6.2.1.491 and a IPP Plus 6.3.1.542 on Windows 7 Pro 64 with NVIDIA GeForce 780 card with newest driver updated. The 3D Viewer of neither IPP 6.2 nor 6.3 displays grey scale image right on this computer.

May I share your NVIDIA Control Panel setups with GeForce 9600GT?
  • Options

Image Pro Plus 7.0

ATI FirePro V4800

Total Graphics Memory: 4862

Dedicated Video Memory: 1024

• Options
    Thanks, Vern. 

ATI should be perfect, and IPP 7.0 as well.  Only the combination of IPP6.X, NVIDIA Geforce card, and Win7 Pro 64 has problem for 3D Viewer to display gray scale 3D image.

My 3D settings on NVIDIA Control Panel is "Let the 3D application decide". I don't know if this is proper and "Use the advanced 3D image settings" could change IPP 6.X 3D Viewer works right on 3D grey scale image. So I'd like to know Yuri's NVIDIA Control Panel settings for his GeForce 9600GT.