Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Problem with saving tiled image

Hi,

I have encountered a new problem with the tiling function in Image Pro Premiere 9.1;
I do my live-tiling and that works fine, but when I try to save it it will only save it as a jpeg. I would like to save it as a .tif.
Since I am working in a 32-bit system I would like to take several tiled images of the same section to later use the tiling function to stitch them together.
Problem is I keep getting error messages when I try to save the image by using either save or save as when I try to save it as a .tif. It usually says the parameters are wrong. When i use the quicksave option for analysis I can save the picture, but am getting an error message when I later try to open the picture again to analyze it.
When I save the pictures as .jpeg images and the do my measurements, the measurments do not get saved in the picture when i close it.

What can I do?

Best Reagards Josephine Kalm

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine,

There was a problem with saving live tiled images in Premier 9.1 as TIF related to color image organization. It was fixed in 9.1.1 patch, so please try to install the patch. A workaround in your version would be to convert the image to RGB and save.

Regards,

Yuri

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can set any background color using the corresponded menu item in the Live Tiling button drop-down.

Yuri
  • Options
    edited April 2014 Answer ✓
    You have to define background before starting tiling. It is possible to change colors of background areas on the existing image using arithmetical operations (Set) within defined ROI, but it's more complicated and involves multiple steps, so try to set the color first and then start tiling. Yuri
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Josephine, you could also use a region of interest to exclude those areas pf te image you don't want to count. If you don't wan to have to define the ROI manually you could use Count/Size to identify the regions of the image that are completely balck, import them into the features manager and then re-apply them to the image as a ROI instead. In that case you'll want to change the ROI options to be exclusive, rather than inclusive.

Answers

• Options
    Hi!

Thanks! I now got the update and it works! But now I got the next problem :D 
    When I have taken my tiled image, the area that is not occupied by a picture is black so when I start analyzing it and my cells are stained dark brown, it also recognizes that black frame as objects. I know I can do an ROI for my image, but if I would like to avoid having to do that in all my pictures, can I somehow change that black colour for say white or even the same background as the rest of my image? I remember seeing someone do that as we had the introduction of the program, but I cannot remember or find how it is done?

Have a nice weekend!

Josephine
  • Options
    Ok, can I do this even after I have finished my tiled picture? Cause after I clicked stop tiling, that whole drop down turns grey and non clickable. 

Thanks!

Josephine