Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Smart segmentation doubts

Hi to everybody.
I have four questions about the smart segmentation.

1) Once I define, for instance, two classes and the background, the program shows me two masks over the original image. How can I save the image as I see it? because if I save try to save the image, in the JPEG the masks disappear.

2) Even if I choose a color for the background, i can't see it in the image as I see the masks of the classes. How can I make it shows up?

3) Is it possible to differentiate the object filters between two different classes? It means to have some filter for the objects of the class 1 and some other filters for the objects of the class 2.

4) It seems to me that the names of the class I give in the smart segmentation change when I load the measurements options. In general, it is not clear to me which relationship is between the class in the count/size toolbar and the class in the smart segmentation toolbar, and I often have problems with them.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Best regards

Luca Ferrantino

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

Luca,

You should save the file as a TIF.  A JPG cannot save the additional header data.

For your additional questions, the answers will come from Tech Support.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Luca,

1. The overlay of smart segmentation as it is cannot be saved (unless you take a screenshot), but you can execute Count, so the Smart segmentation mask will turn to Count objects, which then can be saved if you use Snap on Share ribbon bar or Quick save for analysis. You can also create Smart segmentation mask using the Mask button in smart segmentation panel.
    2.You can toggle smart segmentation mask using the Show mask button.
    3.No, the recipe can use multiple channels with different filters, but all of them used for both classes. You have to use different recipes for classes if they require different processing. 
    4.When you count the class name of smart segmentation overwrites the name in the options, so if you want to use some specific name, define it in smart segmentation and save to a recipe for reusing.

Yuri
  • Options
    edited May 2014 Answer ✓

Hi Luca,

Just adding to what Yuri said:

2. You can't display the background 'selection' because by design it is supposed to be "nothing". However, you could have a third class for the background and maybe have a negligible part of the image as *background* to show them all together

3. using different filters isn't possible as Yuri said, but you can count one class of objects first and use the "preserve existing data" option in count size to count the second type of objects afterwards with its different filter ranges and still keep all the objects in one image and one data table.