Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

New to Image Pro Premier, Need some help.

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to Image Pro Premier and programming and i was wondering if you guys would be able help me out. I wrote a macro that will take multiple images, apply and calibration and allow the user to make measurements. I would like to know what is the command for selecting the polygon tool, or any of the measurement tools? Also what is the command for changing the active image. Since i have multiple images i want the next image to be selected after the measurements are performed on the one prior to it.

Thank You for you time,

Hugo 

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Hugo,

I would recommend for a start to check some video tutorials on our web site about macro recording and batch processing. Then you just need to activate macro recording and do the steps you need for your processing - capture an image, apply calibration, make a measurement. Then you can make some of the commands, such as creating a measurement, interactive - just activate "Prompt user in imaging workspace" option (in context menu over command parameters window), after that the command will show a prompt and wait for user until a measurement is created, then continue the macro. The recorded macro can then be used in a batch that can process multiple images from a folder or from the list.

Yuri
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Hugo,

Another thing to look at is creating a simple App with only the functions you need inside. It's a little more elegant and flexible than using a macro with prompts. You should also, you can simplify a lot of the workflows by creating custom ribbons with a limited feature set. this is only available in 9.1, but you can also disable unnecessary ribbons and even save your layout.

Personally I would avoid creating macros that frequently require interactions from the user. Psychologically they often end up dumbing down the process and making them boring to use which leads to errors from lack of attention.

Answers

• Options
    Obviously there are still plenty of cases when a macro that does most of the work can still save you a lot of time and in that case Yuri's advice is still valid.
  • Options
    Thank You all for the advice I really appreciate it! I will definitely be looking into the tutorials.

Hugo