Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

9.1.2 Patch / Upgrade Makes Image-Pro Premier Forget Its Options . . .

All --

I have just downloaded and installed the 9.1.2 upgrade / patch for IMAGE-PRO PREMIER.

As has happened in the past, this upgrade / patch has made PREMIER forget the options set up within PREMIER.  My preferences for

IMAGE STRIP = OFF
    STARTUP SCREEN = OFF
    AUTOMATIC UPDATES = OFF
    AUTO SHOW MEASUREMENTS DATA TABLE = OFF
    MEMORY LIMIT = MAX

have all returned to the FACTORY DEFAULTS and PREMIER and WINDOWS want me to select the extensions that IMAGE-PRO PREMIER will open by default.

This is shown in the attached JPG file.

Is there something that I as a user or the development team at MEDIA CY can do to make the "old" options transfer to the "new" software?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Answers

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Matt,

Weren't you asked if you wanted to import settings? If not what version were you running before installing the patch?

Thanks,

Pierre
  • Options
    Pierre --

I believe that the 9.1.2 was applied to 9.1.1. 

I say this because the

C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\Image-Pro Premier x64 Updates\

folder contains the following updates

Premier9.0.2.exe
        Premier9.0.3.exe
        Premier9.1.1.exe
        Premier9.1.2.exe

FYI . . .

Although the UPDATE folder tells a different story, the PREMIER 9.0 that is still on my machine in the

C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier\

folder is 9.0.4 according to its HELP + ABOUT.

The PREMIER 9.1.2 software is on my machine in the

C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.1\

folder.

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the dialog that you should have seen after installing the patch.
    We will investigate and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Pierre
  • Options
    Pierre --

Thanks for looking into this.

FYI . . .

I downloaded the 9.1.2 patch using the link in the e-mail with the subject

Release Announcement - Image-Pro Premier 9.1.2 Patch

and then I put it into the

folder that had been generated by the previous automated update processes.

I did this partially because the download via the UPDATE TOOL was running at <200 kb / sec and was estimated to take 60 minutes.  After I terminated the UPDATE TOOL I found the partial .EXE file in the

The "manual download" via FIREFOX took about 20 minutes and then I ran the patch manually.

I think I've see this "forgetful" behavior before with the fully automatic update though on my computer and on customer's computers.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Options

Matt,

The dialog definitely comes up.  The drawback is if you are used to installing/reinstalling Premier on systems you may get used to clicking the "No" button, it is easy to do without thinking about it.  I recall because I generally just hit "No" myself and almost did it, reflexively, during this update.

• Options
    FYI, I installed via the "Check for Updates" link in the Help menu.
  • Options
    Vern --

It is certainly possible but I would swear in court that the OLD SETTINGS dialog did not appear for me and that I did not press NO.

After the INSTALLER finished, a PDF opened.  After I closed the PDF, I think there may have been an INSTALLATION FINISHED dialog box to close.  After that was open PREMIER and after that was the screen that I attached earlier.

-- Matt
  • Options

Matt,

Try this: The settings are stored in a folder under:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit.

For 9.1. it should have been 9.1.5332.0 and for 9.1.2 it is 9.1.5417.47. To get the old settings manually, you could just copy the contents of 9.1.5332.0 to 9.1.5417.47