Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Manual Segmentation using Hue

I am performing a manual segmentation using the Threshold tool.  The color mode is set to HSI and I am using the Hues channel to do the segmentation. There are 2 questions that I have that relate to this:  1. As I sample areas of color with the eyedropper tool, I notice that changes show up on the image (sometimes big changes), but the start-end ranges do not change, which I would expect.  Why is this not reflected in the Hue range?  2. Following a software crash, I reloaded the source image and proceeded to re-segment.  When I entered the previous Hue range into the Threshold Tool and hit Show, a completely different segmentation occurred.  Why did the segmentation not reproduce?  When I did the manual sampling again, the Hue range that was reported in the tool did come back to the original range, but I don't understand why it didn't reproduce when I typed in the values.

Thanks!

John

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Hi John, HSI segmentation uses 3 channels: Hue, Saturation and Intensity. The threshold ranges show you only the active channel, probably Hue in your case, you can click on S or I to see ranges for other channels. Regards, Yuri
  • edited June 2014 Answer ✓
    You can save segmentation into a file, use Save button in the Threshold tool toolbar. Then load it to another image. Yuri

Answers

• Thanks Yuri!  What would be the best way to reproduce my segmentation?