Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions
Options

Image Pro 5.0 camera ccd APOGEE ALTA U2000 problems

Dear all,

Actually, I have a ALTA APOGEE U2000 and Image Pro plus 5.0 (IP). The software and camera is running Microsoft Windows XP.
But I have some problems to set up the camera on IP 5.0. The camera is linked on computer by USB 2.0. The computer detect the camera , I have tested it with the camera with an other soft and all seemed to good. But when I want to use camera with IP, it's impossible, IP doesn't detect camera.

Do you have an idea to fix my problem, please?

Thanks in advance 

best regards

Marc Garel

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately Image Pro does not "detect" cameras and you would need to install an Image Pro driver specifically for the camera.  We did not write a driver for this camera, so if an Image Pro Plus 5.0 driver existed, it would have had to come from the camera manufacturer directly.

If you have installed the TWAIN driver, for Windows, from the manufacturer, you can go to Acquire...Scan,  in Image Pro, to have Image Pro request the Operating System to launch the manufacturer's capture application.  Image Pro will then wait for that software to return the captured image.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    The Scan option is off the Acquire menu.

Answers

• Options
    Thank you Vernr for your answrer. 
    I tried your suggestion, but the version of my IP has not Scan option. 
    I attached 3 screenshots  
    1) In first picture I have done Aquite->Capture Options -> Set acquire. You will see the camera and diver inforamtions inside IP.
    2) In second picture when I wanted to perform preview, I have error message
    3) And In third when I tried to Configure, but nothing .

Thank you in advance for your comments 

Best regards

Marc Garel
  • Options
    Thank you for your answer, 
    I find Scan, I have forgotten to display Complete Menu

I attach you the error message when I try to Scan

Thank you 

Marc 
  • Options
    Marc,
    You should contact Alta directly to obtain the correct TWAIN driver for Windows.  They will also be able to help you to properly install the TWAIN driver and make sure that it can be used with third party software.  You should be able to open Windows Paint and use the "From scanner or camera" function of Windows Paint.  If the TWAIN is installed correctly, the "From scanner or camera" function will be active and you will be able to acquire an image into Windows Paint.  With TWAIN properly installed, you should be able to, then, use the Scan function in Image Pro Plus.

Windows Paint