Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Is there a way to sucessfully CUT then PASTE a CONTROL within a DIALOG BOX in DESIGNER VIEW?

All --

I have a PREMIER APPLICATION with a CUSTOM DIALOG BOX.

I would like to redesign the DIALOG BOX so that there is a SETUP TAB and an OPERATE TAB.

After creating the appropriate TAB CONTROL with two PAGES, I cut some of the working CONTROLS from the "surface" of the DIALOG BOX into one of the PAGES of the TAB CONTROL.  After LOADING the PROJECT, the controls that had been moved into the TAB CONTROL were not working.

After a bit of experimentation, I have determined that any BUTTON that is CUT from one location within a DIALOG BOX and PASTED into another location within the same DIALOG BOX will no longer work.  The PROJECT WORKBENCH EDITOR still jumps to the same section of code if the BUTTON is DOUBLE CLICKED but the appropriate section of code is not triggered by the BUTTON when the PROJECT is LOADED and RUNNING.

Is there a resolution to this?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Matt,

I think I was able to reproduce something similar, and got it to work by forcing a refresh after I added a new button to the App.

Otherwise you have to make sure that the "Handles..." statement is still there and pointing to the right object.

I'll file a bug so that it can be investigated more deeply in the future.

Pierre
  • Answer ✓
    Matt,

The Cut & Paste of the controls is actually behaving as expected because when controls are cut, the code is updated to remove the Handles statements which would otherwise not compile (this is the Microsoft Visual Studio behavior).

The Ctrl+V issue will be fixed in Premier 9.1.5.

Pierre

Answers

• Pierre --

Thank you for looking into this and responding so quickly.

I have just tried your work around.

I have:

-- added a new BUTTON in DESIGNER
    -- added a new SUBROUTINE in CODE
    -- loaded the PROJECT
    -- pressed the newly created BUTTON (it triggers the routine it is connected to)
    -- pressed the cut/pasted BUTTON (it doesn't not trigger the routine it is connected to)

I have a backup version of the PROJECT that immediately predates the CUT/PASTE operation that broke the controls so I'll retreat to that backup and attack this challenge using a different strategy.

Thanks again.

-- Matt

P.S.  If a control is selected within DESIGNER, a CTRL + C will do a COPY but a CTRL + V does not perform a PASTE.  I have to MOUSE RIGHT CLICK and then use the PASTE from the MOUSE MENU. -- MMB
  • Pierre --

Thank you for the analysis and update on this issue.

If you and yours can make it to where the PROGRAMMER does not have to run around reconnecting every control to the appropriate routines, all should be good.

Thanks.

-- Matt