Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

How to minimize time required to update table after count / size?

Forgive me if this is a naïve question.... I would like to collect data using the count/size feature on a very large image (200MB) which contains many 10 of thousands of objects. The process takes ~ 7minutes during which time the status bar indicates that it is "updating data table". Once the data is collected and the table updated, any clicking about the image "hangs" the system. I believe this to be associated with the built-in interaction between the image objects and the data table. I do not need the user to interact with the table or the image objects. Two questions: am I correct that the majority of processing time is involved in creating and  maintaining this interactive table? And if so, is there a way to analyse the image without creating an interactive table? That is, can I retrieve the statistics without enabling the interaction?

Thanks for your assistance!

Best Answer

• Options
    edited October 2014 Answer ✓
    Yes, you can definitely count objects without showing data table.
    You should switch off the "Auto show data table" option  on the Application page of the application options (File - Options button). And also close Data Table if it's already visible.

You can retrieve statistics using Data Collector: add only necessary measurements from "Measurement Stats" table and click Collect.

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Thanks for your quick response! I will give it a try.
  • Options

Hi Yuri,

Thank you, it works perfectly!

Nan