Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

ImagePro Data Histogram Output

Is it possible to output the binned data from the histogram? For example if I measure the size of many particles, I can view the data as a histogram with specified bin ranges and export the plot. Can I also export the binned data (number of counts per bin?) and the bin size?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Measurement histogram doesn't have such command, but you can use some steps to get the data in the data table:
    1. Click the Classify button in the Histogram
    2. In the measurement data table, select "Group by Class" menu item (in the Grouping button drop down).

The table will report the number of objects in every class (histogram bin). I've attached the screenshot. You can export the data to Excel.

You can also use Single measurement classification (Single button in the Classify ribbon bar of Count/Size). It provides more flexibility defining bin ranges.

The data can also be exported to the Data Collector, Measurement Class Stats table. 

Regards,

Yuri

• Options
    Hi Yuri, 
    That's useful, thanks. Output to excel will allow me to further manipulate the data. It would be even more convenient if I could manipulate the data within the IP scripting language. Is there a way to programmatically access the measurement data array? 

• Options
    Ah, I see. Thank you.