Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Line Profile

This is a basic issue. In the Line Profile, I can change the line thickness, and I can change the tick length for all edges besides reference, but I can't figure out how to change the tick thickness so they appear stronger on snapshots.

Also, I would like to annotate the tick-tick measurements along the line profile either in the midpoint or at the the last tick. Right now, I'm doing this manually with text boxes, but it'd be helpful if I could automate some of this.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately you cannot change the width of the tick marks and automatically and annotations, but I'll keep your request for the future implementation. For now, I can help you with the macro to change the tick's width and adding annotation. Could you please post a screenshot and explain in what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,
    Nikita.
  • Options
    Hi Kevin,

This macro will set width to all edge markers (call it before "Snap" to make them stronger on the snapshot):
    Imports MediaCy.Commands.LineProfile
    Imports MediaCy.IQL.Display.Overlays

Public Module Macros

Public Function SetEdgeLineWidth() As SimpleScript
            SetEdgeLineWidth = New SimpleScript
            Dim doc1

With Application.DocumentCommands.Active(SetEdgeLineWidth)
                .Run(doc1)
            End With

With Automate.ScriptingCommands.CodeCommand(SetEdgeLineWidth)
                If .Run() Then
                    ' User Code Here
                    Dim lpe As McLineProfileEngine, o As McGraphOverlay, g As McGraphObj

lpe = MediaCy.Commands.LineProfile.AddIn.LineProfileEngine(doc1, False) 'get Line Profile Engine

If lpe IsNot Nothing Then
                        o = lpe.Overlay 'get main overlay

For Each g In o 'Loop through all objects

If g IsNot Nothing AndAlso g.ClassName = "McGraphObjLine" Then 'select only "lines"

If TypeOf g.UserData Is Double Then 'select only edge ticks
                                    g.BorderWidth = 5 'set width
                                End If
                            End If
                        Next
                    End If
                End If
            End With

End Function

End Module

Thanks,
    Nikita.

Answers

• Options
    Hi Nikita,

This link has images produced by Image Pro Plus, but we are moving to Image Pro Premier and want to have as many as the same features as possible.

http://mtalab.adfg.alaska.gov/OTO/reports/VoucherSummary.aspx?mi=BEARCOVE11LL

Using some of the line profile-> measurement macros posted in other threads, and using the measurements->annotations features, I have had some success automating a lot of this. However, I still can't change the tick length/ thickness, nor can i get a similar looking scale bar. 

I attached the project I've been working on (rough draft) which has the macro in it. "Start" in Module 1 automates most of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the slow response.

-Kevin