Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Image Pro Premier 64-bit crashes after live tiling

Good Morning,

We are encountering a persistent problem with live tiling using Image Pro Premier 64-bit. After 60 images or so, live tiling crashes and all work is lost. 'Appcrash' is launched (fault module name: McLiveOpLib.dll). Do you know what may be causing this glitch and how we can resolve it?

Many thanks,

Jess

Answers

• Hi Jess,

It's hard to tell what happened without more details.
    How much RAM do you have? What is the size of the single image?

Thanks,

Yuri
  • Hi Yuri,

We have 16 GB of RAM with 2 TB external hard-drive. Each image is approx 50 MB.

Thanks,
    Jess
  • Hi Jess,

Tiling 60 images of 50Mb each and having several copies Undo copies of the tiled image may exceed the available memory of 16GB, so the system will start spooling data to disk, which may slow down the process. We will investigate the problem further, so if you have any additional info: what is your camera model and resolution, is the crash reproducible, what was the amount of available RAM in the task manager when it crashed, crash report file, and so on, please send them to the tech-support.

You can also try to switch off "Process in Background" option on the Tiling options page to see if it improves stability.

Best regards,

Yuri

• Hi Yuri,

I have asked the students using the program to send me extra information answering your questions. The cameras are Lumenera Infinity 3-3URC and Lumenera Infinity 3-3URM.

I will get more information to you when I recieve it.

Many thanks,

Jess