Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Is there a way to add the USER NAME to the list of ITEMS within the DISPLAY DATA ON IMAGES TOOL?

All --

I have discovered the DISPLAY DATA ON IMAGES TOOL that is left tool in

VIEW RIBBON +
    DATA OVERLAY SECTION

I have shown this to a customer and they are very enthusiastic about it because of the TIME STAMP and CALIBRATION information that it annotates onto the image.

They are wondering if there is a way to have it also annotate onto the image the USER NAME that is maintained by PREMIER when USER LOG ON / IDENTITY SELECTION is enabled (as it is for this company). 

I have scanned the list of DISPLAY DATA and don't see USER NAME and ARTIST doesn't work.

Is there a way to add the USER NAME to this list and this tool?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answer

• Options
    edited September 2015 Answer ✓
    Matt,

If you already use macros to control the acquisition, you can just add one line to set User Name as Artist to any image, which then can be displayed in the Active Data Overlay and saved with the image:

Public Sub SetUserNameAsArtist
            'use Active image
            Dim im As McImage=ThisApplication.ActiveImage
            If im Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
            'set user Name as Artist
            im.Artist=ThisApplication.ActiveIdentity.Name
        End Sub

Regards,

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    Matt,

Active Data Overlay shows parameters associated with the given image or image set. It is not possible to display User Name. You may think about using User Name in some image properties, for example capture image with user name prefix or set user name as Author or as a part of Description. In that case it can be displayed on the image view.  Will it work for you?

Yuri
  • Options
    Yuri --

Thank you for your response.

I'll review this with the PROJECT MANAGER but since we are using the UNTITLED IMAGE generated by the ENGAGE LIVE PREVIEW + DISENGAGE LIVE PREVIEW, the IMAGE PROPERTIES are not being SET.

Perhaps this is a reason to use CAPTURE but then we have a LIVE PREVIEW that we have to turn off and an UNTITLED IMAGE that we have to close.

If you can figure a way around this (mentioned in the QUESTION / DISCUSSION earlier today) that would be super.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    Yuri --

Thank you for the suggestion and the code to perform this function.

I'll review this situation with the PROJECT MANAGER and take the path that works best for them.

Since there are multiple users that are logging on with different WINDOWS CREDENTIALS and different PREMIER CREDENTIALS, a new user would not have the MACROS within PREMIER helping with the ACQUISITION.

!!!!!WAIT!!!!!

It seems that at one point I stumbled onto a situation where a MACRO / PROJECT was loading automatically because of where it was stored.

Am I remembering correctly?

If so, where is that location and will the MACRO / PROJECT load for all USERS?

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    Matt,

Macros are persisted for each identity and there is no global project that would be loaded for all users. However by default all identities load a project named Project1 (unless the user with that identity decides to unload it later on), so you could potentially have the shared code in that project but this only applies to Premier identities, not to Windows users.

In order to have something that would be truly shared by all users, you would either need some procedure that would be applied to each user after installing the product or to create an add-in (http://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/260/creating-an-image-pro-premier-add-in#latest) which can replace the macros and can be shared by all users (Windows users and identities) on a machine.

Pierre
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Pierre --

Thank you for the additional information.

Based on what you said, if WINDOWS WINUSERA logged onto PREMIER as PREUSERA or PREUSERB, then PREMIER would attempt to load

C:\Users\WINUSERA\Documents\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit\9.1\Scripts\Project1\Project1.ipp

If WINUSERB logged onto PREMIER as PREUSERA or PREUSERB then PREMIER would attempt to load

C:\Users\WINUSERB\Documents\Image-Pro Premier 64-bit\9.1\Scripts\Project1\Project1.ipp

What is the source of the

PROJECT1.IPP
        and
        MACROS.VB

file that populate into the these folders when a new WINUSER and / or new PREUSER are created?

If that source can be altered to contain the PROJECT1.IPP and MACROS.VB that are right for all the USERS at this institution then the problem would be solved except for someone removing the PROJECT from PREMIER.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    Pierre --

Also . . .

Thanks for the info on

CREATING AN IMAGE-PRO PREMIER ADD-IN

I'll look into this ASAP.

Thanks again.

-- Matt

• Options
    Matt,

Project1 and Macros.vb are created in code the first time Premier runs for each Windows user. This is just so that the Workbench doesn't start empty.

Pierre
  • Options
    Pierre --

Thanks for the additional information.

I'll review this with the PROJECT MANAGER and see how he wants to proceed.

I'm afraid that using a MACRO / PROJECT will be too FRAGILE and would add to many steps to the creation of a new WINUSER / PREUSER.

Thanks again.

-- Matt