Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions
Options

What is the best way to quantify a dual phase microstructure? like a duplex stainless steel...

I have tried several ways to measure the quantity of each phase in a dual microstructure, but I have some issues on which is the best filter to contrast the two phases. see below two exemples of pictures that I have to measure each phase.
If someone has any exeperence on the best filters to use in this case and to quantify the phases, please let me know.

thanks

Answers

• Options
    Guizeemann --

It appears that something has kept your EXAMPLE IMAGES from posting to the forum.

Please resolve this so the FORUM COMMUNITY can assist you.

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Options
    Can you see The images now?
  • Options
    Guizeemann --

If I understand your question, the solution I suggest has four steps.

The SCREEN CAPTURES below illustrate performing these four steps.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

1) SMART THRESHOLD on LIGHT PHASE

2) COUNT the LIGHT PHASE and MEASURE 'PERCENT AREA'

3) REPORT the PERCENT AREA SUM for LIGHT PHASE using MEASUREMENT TABLE STATISTICS and calculate the PERCENT AREA SUM for DARK PHASE.

4) For this TWO PHASE SAMPLE IMAGE, 44.45% of the SAMPLE IMAGE is covered by the LIGHT PHASE so 55.75% is covered by the DARK PHASE.

• Options
    mbatchelor 

First of all, thank you for your help.

this would be a very good solution, but this smart threshold is available for image pro plus? Or only for image pro premier?

if not available is there a option on image pro plus similar to that?

one more time, thank you very much
  • Options
    Guizeemann --

I apologize.

I overlooked the fact that you were looking for a solution within IMAGE-PRO PLUS.

The SMART THRESHOLD is not a feature of IMAGE-PRO PLUS.

With IMAGE-PRO PLUS, an approach that seems to work pretty well is shown below.  This was done with

Original +
        Convert to 8 BIT MONO +
        Flatten w/ DARK w/ 250 +
        Count AUTO BRIGHT +
        Measure PER AREA +
        View STATISTICS

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt