Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Can't open image

Hi,

I'm trying to measure some structures captured with another program. It looks like the image format might not be supported by Image Pro Premier 9.2, but I was hoping that it was something else, or that there is a work around. I attached the image in case anyone has any suggestions. I get the following error when I try to open it:

Error in Image-Pro Premier 64-bit
Failed to open file 145_1_scale1a.tif.
This file format or functionality is not supported

ErrorCode: -2076180369
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException: Nothing
TargetSite: MediaCy.IQL.Application.IMcDocument LoadDocument(System.Object, System.String)
StackTrace:    at MediaCy.IQL.Application.McControllers.LoadDocument(Object source, String type)
   at MediaCy.IQL.Application.McDocuments.OpenFile(String filename, Boolean visible, String view, Boolean mru, Boolean showError)
HelpLink: IQL.chm#5011
Source: McImageLib.McEngine
HResult: -2076180369
Call Stack:
    MediaCy.IQL.Application.IMcDocument LoadDocument(System.Object, System.String):
    MediaCy.IQL.Application.IMcDocument OpenFile(System.String, Boolean, System.String, Boolean, Boolean):

Thanks for your help.

-Kevin

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reporting this issue and test image - I've filed a request to fix this in the next version.
    I'll get back to you with a solution for the current version.

Thank you,
    Nikita.
  • Answer ✓
    Hi Kevin,

The 145_1_scale1a.tif image is a 4-bit (unusual format for image analysis) and not supported in IP Premier. I'll file a feature suggestion to support this format.
    As a current solution, please, adjust saving format to 8-bit in the software you are using to capture images.

Thanks,
    Nikita.