Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

How to solve the error about the "Automation Sample For VB.NET"

I'm beginner Programmer of Image-Pro Premier 9.2. I need some support to fix this error .
I need to develop some customized program which use Image-Pro Premier on VB.NET2010 of Windows7.
I refer to the sample Program that you provide to the developers.
C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2\Automation\Samples\VB.NET\MediaCy.Automation.Samples.VBClient.
I compiled this solution without any error and I run this . Main Form showed normally.
and then I pushed "Attach" Button . then it showed "Exception Error" on the below point.

Private Sub BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(sender As System.Object, e As System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) Handles BackgroundWorker1.DoWork
        Try
            _session = New Session("Image-Pro Premier 9.2 64-bit", 60)
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub

I can't solve this by myself about this error .  Could you give me some advise. 

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Nakamura-san,

Are you running Image-Pro Premier 64-bit or 32-bit? If you are running the 32-bit version you need to change the Session parameter to "Image-Pro Premier 9.2".

Pierre

Answers

• Options
    Hello Nakamura-san,

Could you please include all the exception information? Either a screenshot of the message box or even better a full dump of the exception in Visual Studio would be very useful to diagnose the error.

Thanks,

Pierre
  • Options

TO) Pierre-san

Thank you for your quick reply . below is the details from Visual studio .

I am sorry this include some Japanese message due to  language Setting .

I am not sure this is enough for you or not. but could you please check this.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException がキャッチされました
      HResult=-2146232828
      Message=呼び出しのターゲットが例外をスローしました。
      Source=mscorlib
      StackTrace:
           場所 System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
           場所 System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
           場所 System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.GetKnownTypes(Object[] knownTypeAttributes, ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.UpdateOperationsWithInterfaceAttributes(ContractDescription contractDesc, ContractReflectionInfo reflectionInfo)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.LoadContractDescriptionHelper(Type contractType, Type serviceType, Object serviceImplementation)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory`1.CreateDescription()
           場所 System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory.InitializeEndpoint(Binding binding, EndpointAddress address)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory`1..ctor(Binding binding, EndpointAddress remoteAddress)
           場所 System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory`1.CreateChannel(Binding binding, EndpointAddress endpointAddress)
           場所 MediaCy.Automation.Server.Connect(String uri, String exepath, Int32 timeout)
           場所 MediaCy.Automation.Proxy.Session..ctor(String product, Int32 timeout)
           場所 MediaCy.Automation.Samples.VBClient.Form1.BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) 場所 C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2\Automation\Samples\VB.NET\MediaCy.Automation.Samples.VBClient\Form1.vb:行 95
      InnerException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
           HResult=-2147024893
           Message=パス 'C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2\Automation\Samples\VB.NET\MediaCy.Automation.Samples.VBClient\bin\Debug\Automation' の一部が見つかりませんでした。
           Source=mscorlib
           StackTrace:
                場所 System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                場所 System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
                場所 System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
                場所 System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
                場所 Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
                場所 Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
                場所 Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
                場所 Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
                場所 MediaCy.Automation.Server.GetKnownTypes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider)
           InnerException:

• Options
    Nakamura-san,

The key information is 
     InnerException:System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException with the message following. One requirement is that the sample executable needs to be in the Image-Pro Premier executable's folder C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2.

Pierre

パス 'C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2\Automation\Samples\VB.NET\MediaCy.Automation.Samples.VBClient\bin\Debug\Automation' の一部が見つかりませんでした。
  • Options

Pierre-san

Thank you for your nice advise. I tried to copy the Sample Program exe module from Release folder into "C:\Program Files\Media Cybernetics\Image-Pro Premier 9.2".

That was great ! , The Program did work .

But... Another Error happend as below Message in the Message Box.

===== Message =====

Could not connect to server net.pipe://localhost/Image-Pro Premier 9.2 64it.

================

My environment is Only on my PC. Premier 9.2 and Visual Studio has installed on my PC, Not the Server.

I'm so sorry bother your working , But ... could you give me more advise about this ?

• Options

Pierre-san.

Thank you so much for your great advise,

Actually , I am sure I use Image-Pro Premier 64 bit Version ,

So, by your advise, I tried to compile Sample Program as a 64 bit Version , Not x86.

and   tryied to run again it.  The Result was very nice. Attach was done successfully.

I really appreciate to you ,you gave me a best advise.  Thank you so much .

I will be able to sleep tonight.