Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

LICENSE GENERATOR QUESTION

All --

I am learning the ins and outs of IPX FILES that are ENCRYPTED and LICENSED.

Are there any restrictions that would keep a properly functioning PREMIER (2D or 3D) from running a LICENSED IPX FILE that had not expired?

I have tested a LICENSED IPX FILE that was CREATED and LICENSED with PREMIER 9.1 with PREMIER 9.2 and everything worked.

I have tried to test the same LICENSED IPX FILE with PREMIER 3D 9.1 but there seems to be an issue with my PREMIER that is keeping it from running at the moment.  I'll try this again after a reboot of my computer.

I have read the portion of the IMAGE-PRO PREMIER USER GUIDE that seems to apply and I do not see this addressed.

Also . . .

Will a NEW LICENSE need to be generated for a PREMIER that is a PAID UPGRADE?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Matt,

Yes this is correct, a new license will be needed after the paid upgrade.

Pierre

Answers

• Matt,

It should work with both Premier 9.1 and 9.2. Are you geting some kind of error?

Yes since the license is tied to the serial number it will have to be renewd after a paid upgade of Premier.

Pierre
  • Pierre --

Just to clarify . . .

If I create a PROJECT and save it in an IPX FILE that is ENCRYPTED and LICENSED and I generate a LICENSE FILE for a USER, then if the USER goes through a PREMIER PAID UPGRADE CYCLE, then I will have to generate a new LICENSE for this user before they can use the PROJECT in the IPX FILE?

The problem that I'm having with PREMIER 3D has something to do with the DONGLE.  My ANTI-VIRUS seems to be having an issue with the mechanism that PREMIER 3D is communicating with the DONGLE.  I'll reboot and test this at another time.

Thanks.

-- Matt