Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Branching filter

Hi,

I wonder how to explain what happens when you use Branch End filter and what is the algorithm? If somebody can explain that or give a direction where to look?

Thank you,
Ana

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sana,

Branch/End filter should be applied to a skeleton image. The result is the image where different skeleton features (end pont, branch point, ...) have different intensities. You can then easily count them using certain threshold ranges.

Yuri

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Branch/End is a simple filter that counts the number of bright pixels in 3x3 neighborhood and based on the count sets the intensity of the central pixel (2 pixels-end point, 3 pixels - skeleton, 4+ pixels - branch point).

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    This helps, but if you have any idea how to explain this in details I would be really happy if you could share it with me. I'm writting my Master thesis and some things are pretty hard to explain.

Is there maybe a manual somewhere that explain operations used in Image-Pro Premier? I have my User Guide which was really helpful while working in program, but now I am a little bit stuck with writting.

Nevertheless, thank you!

Ana
  • Options
    Ok thank you!