Home Image-Pro General Discussions

TOOL TIPS ISSUE ...

All --

There is an issue with the TOOL TIPS when the TOOL is close to the edge of the WINDOWS SCREEN.

If the TOOL is too close to the EDGE of the WINDOWS SCREEN then the TOOL TIP can cover the TOOL.

This is shown in the first image below when the TOOL is close to the bottom edge of the WINDOWS SCREEN.

If the close enough to the bottom and right edge of the WINDOWS SCREEN, the TOOL TIP can cover the TOOL completely.

This is shown in the second image below.

I looked in the OPTIONS and did not see a switch to turn off TOOL TIPS.

Is there a way to resolve this other than moving the tool?

Thanks.

-- Matt

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    I can see that the problem exists on your laptop, but I don't know whether it's OS, hardware or something else on your computer that affects that. Just keep an eye on this problem when you work with Premier on other systems, I will do too, maybe we can find the conditions that cause this problem.

Yuri

Answers

• edited January 2017
    Hi Matt,

There is no option to switch off tooltips. Also the tooltip should show up either below or above the control, but it should never cover the control, I couldn't reproduce your issue. How have you managed to get tooltips that covers the control? Do you see that on other PCs?

Yuri

• 2017-01-11-170316

Yuri --

** CAUSE **

As described, if the TOOL (in this case the FRAME CONTROLS were made a WINDOW DECORATION and then the TOOL was close to the bottom of the ACTIVE MONITOR or close to the bottom and right edge of the ACTIVE MONITOR.

** TESTING **

I have only done this on my PRIMARY COMPUTER which is a good laptop with 2 monitors.

I can try it with my 3D WORKHORSE COMPUTER which is a very good desktop with a single monitor but I'll need to do some equipment shuffling.

Please let me know if you need me to do the equipment shuffling.

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • edited January 2017
    Matt,

I don't really know why the tooltip is not shown above the control on your PC. I tried your steps and it looks like this (above the button):

I just need a way to reproduce the problem or find conditions when it happens. (it's not happening in my tests).

Yuri
    TT.jpg 32.4K
  • Yuri --

I do not know what feature or function of my laptop or my windows is making this happen.

I'll be happy to WEBEX with you to demonstrate it here which might enable you to reproduce it there.

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Yuri --

Other than the fact that I have WINDOWS 7 set to use the WINDOWS CLASSIC THEME, I don't have anything special configured regarding my displays.

Please see below.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

-- Matt

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

• Yuri --

I have not tried this on another computer yet but I have some additional information.

Please see the PDF FILE titled

Tool Tips Issue -- 2017-01-13-154215.pdf

This document shows the conditions where TOOL TIPS appear correctly and incorrectly on my system.

This was done with PREMIER 9.2.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt
  • Thank you Matt for testing, it looks like the tooltip is shown overlapping the control only when Premier is maximized on Secondary monitor.
    I will try to repeat your tests on my system and check if it's reproducible, so we can look at the ways addressing the issue.

Yuri

• Yuri --

Super.

Thanks.

-- Matt