Home Image-Pro Plus General Discussions
Options

Consultation on measurement in pro plus image

Good night, sorry for the inconvenience of 
this message or new topic, I am taking a
 photo under the microscope under the magnifications of 4 X, 10 X, 20 X and 40 X, but my
query is the following when I open for example an image at the moment To calibrate I have
to place the increase for example 4x (image) and in the system that I also put 4x? According to the increase.

Comments

• Options
    Carlos --

I am a bit uncertain about your question but let me give you some information . . .

The image is made up of PIXELS.

If you calibrate your system at 4X and the CALIBRATION says that 1 PIXEL = 2 um then you can select the 4X CALIBRATION and the system will make measurements in um. or sq. um.

If the same system takes an image at 10X, the CALIBRATION should be 1 PIXEL = .8 um. because the FIELD OF VIEW is smaller and each PIXEL has a smaller "foot print" and the inverse ratio that is at work can be shown as work out as 4X is to 10X (2.5) as .8um is to 2um.

If the same system takes an image at 20X, the CALIBRATION should be 1 PIXEL = .4 um.

If the same system takes an image at 40X, the CALIBRATION should be 1 PIXEL = .2 um.  If we look at the ratios here, 4X is to 40X (10) as .2um is to 2um.

To make a measurement and have the CALIBRATED MEASUREMENTS be correct, the correct CALIBRATION must be properly applied to an image.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt