Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Intensity Sum

Hello

I need to write a macro that compares the sum intensity within different measured regions. This measurement used to exist in Pro Plus but appears to have been dropped in Premier. How can I do this in a macro for different regions.

Regards

David

Answers

• Options
    Hi David,

Intensity Sum is "Integrated OD" and can be accessed and reported as any other feature measurement. 
    You can just create measurement features and export Integrated OD to Excel. You can also get it from a macro, use eMeasures.RgnIntegratedOD.

Yuri

• Options

Hello

A little bit more info

I'm measuring the total intensity in a region by area * mean intensity. This region is then divided into sub regions and I want to know the percentage of the total fluorescence in each sub region as a percentage of the total intensity of the full region. So I was doing this by subregion area * subregion mean intensity /100. This gives wildly varying percentages that never add up to anywhere near 100%. I think this is due to the mean intensity values fluctuating significantly in the sub regions (which is what we expect) So I think a sum intensity in each region would solve this but I can't figure out how to get it.

Regards

David

• Options

Hello Yuri

Integrated OD would be the same as I'm already doing and it doesn't work. The sum of all the pixels in the region is what I'm after, this should be a very large number but the option has been removed.

Regards

David

• Options
    David,

Can you please send a sample image (preferably small) and show what measurements are not as you expect?

Thanks,

Yuri